Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*CANDIDS* 2

bansi4

Lovely picture of Dorothy Lamour.  I live in Hawaii, on the Big Island, and we have a so-gorgeous beach with palm trees and white sand and blue water ... it's called Anaehoomalu Bay, but that's pretty cumbersome so we always called it Dorothy Lamour Beach.  She was so representative of that fantastic dream of us all to live on a tropical coast in that dreamy setting.  When she came to Honolulu in her later years people were so happy to see her they bedecked her in flower leis to the point where her traveling companion/assistant said, "You look like you won the Kentucky Derby!"

Lovely picture of Dorothy Lamour.  I live in Hawaii, on the Big Island, and we have a so-gorgeous beach with palm trees and white sand and blue water ... it's called Anaehoomalu Bay, but that's pretty cumbersome so we always called it Dorothy Lamour Beach.  She was so representative of that fantastic dream of us all to live on a tropical coast in that dreamy setting.  When she came to Honolulu in her later years people were so happy to see her they bedecked her in flower leis to the point where her traveling companion/assistant said, "You look like you won the Kentucky Derby!"

Well I'm glad you don't live on the Hilo side with all that is going on there.

My wife and I go to the Big Island about once a year and stay at the Kona Seaspray, which is near the end of Alii Drive.    Love the entire area.     We have been to Anaehoomalu Bay a few times.  

Did the storms about a month back cause much damage?    I was going to call owner of the Kona Seaspray to ask about that.  

Also,  love Dorothy Lamour even since I saw The Fleet is In with Bill Holden,  many years ago.   The reason I love that movie so much is because the director wrote the songs Tangerine and I Remember You.   I just love playing those songs.     

Well I'm glad you don't live on the Hilo side with all that is going on there.

My wife and I go to the Big Island about once a year and stay at the Kona Seaspray, which is near the end of Alii Drive.    Love the entire area.     We have been to Anaehoomalu Bay a few times.  

Did the storms about a month back cause much damage?    I was going to call owner of the Kona Seaspray to ask about that.  

Also,  love Dorothy Lamour even since I saw The Fleet is In with Bill Holden,  many years ago.   The reason I love that movie so much is because the director wrote the songs Tangerine and I Remember You.   I just love playing those songs.     

Not much damage on this side; the hurricane came in at Pahala, not far from here, but didn't cause any problems in this area.  The Hilo area got most of the problems, with trees down and power out for quite a while.  We were lucky.  I'm in Discovery Harbour, near South Point.  It wasn't touched.  A little rain, and that was all.

Love those songs as well.  They don't write 'em like they used to!