Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*CANDIDS* 2

bansi4

I already guessed that and it isn't Ginger.     I was thining Marian Hopkins since TCM has been showing her a lot,  but the clue said actress of the 30s and 40s and Hopkins made movies into the 60s.

james, who is Marian Hopkins??? MIRIAM Hopkins is her name. that's the 2nd time you posted her name that way. You might want to correct it on the other thread in gen discussions

Well, I hate to say anything here Joe, and not that this is some kind of "major oversight" here or anything, but our gee-tar playin' young man out there in La La Land(that would be James) offered up the name "Joan Blondell" three days ago.

(...though of course he also guessed the name "Lana Turner" at the same time, and so perhaps that second guess disqualified him, huh) ;)

Well, I hate to say anything here Joe, and not that this is some kind of "major oversight" here or anything, but our gee-tar playin' young man out there in La La Land(that would be James) offered up the name "Joan Blondell" three days ago.

(...though of course he also guessed the name "Lana Turner" at the same time, and so perhaps that second guess disqualified him, huh) ;)

Joe (is that his name?)  ignored my choice but I understand.    Since pictures are posted here daily my Blondell answer slipped off the top.   

Oh, well I'm still the winner in my eye.   :lol:  ALSO,   this is why I wondered about the 'hint' of 30s and 40s.    I even made a comment that Blondell worked into the 60s.     That was ignored as well.

James. I checked and double checked and I didn't see your listing of Joan Blondell's name. I saw Ginger Rogers and Miriam Hopkins (which you indicated SHE worked into the 1960's).  What gives?

When I was searching for the legs today, I thought I remembered someone mentioning Joan Blondell but I thought you rejected that name, so I didn't search for it on Google, and I didn't search for the post on this thread.

I finally hit upon some keywords that might work, since the license plate is dated 1930, so I used this search term on Google Images today:

1930 actress legs in car

Since it was Joan Blondell, and I thought someone had already mentioned her, I decided to post the actual photo I found to show how I found it and that I wasn't copying someone else's answer.