Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*CANDIDS* 2

bansi4

James, as God is my witness, I do not have your Joan Blondell post on my screen (could that be possible?)

In any event I apologize for any inconvenience. Congratulations for your efforts.

One thing for sure, Miss Blondell's legs became the topic of attention and it was nice to see her in the spotlight once again.

Joe aka Mongo

James, as God is my witness, I do not have your Joan Blondell post on my screen (could that be possible?)

In any event I apologize for any inconvenience. Congratulations for your efforts.

One thing for sure, Miss Blondell's legs became the topic of attention and it was nice to see her in the spotlight once again.

Joe aka Mongo

No problem (of course).   What was bugging me was not that my guess wasn't acknowledged but that I just wanted to know who the gal was.   That 'I just need to know' can really drive someone nuts! 

Blondell deserves a lot attention.   e.g.  One of the best movie books I have is called The Leading Ladies.    The book only focuses on 6 and features many expected ones of Davis, Stanwyck, Crawford,  DeHavilland,  and Russell as well as Blondell.   The book does mention that some may feel Blondell was an odd choice (say compared to Kate Hepburn, Garson, etc...), but she was included because she was able to adapt herself in order to remain in movies over multiple decades.   

With regards to Henry Silva;    MOVIES shows films from the MR. Moto series a lot.   Funny how Silva was asked to play asians so often (e.g. as the asian guy Frank beats in The Manchurian Candidate).  Here is something I found on Wiki;

• But Silva states he is of Spanish-Sicilian heritage and specifically denies any Puerto Rican heritage in the DVD commentary for The Return of Mr. Moto.

ampampampampampampampampampampampampampa

Here's Carole Lombard hitching a ride with birthday boy Jackie Cooper in a midget car race on the Paramount lot in 1933 with Groucho and Harpo

Thanks, Joe. Love that shot of Lombard having fun with Cooper and two of the Marx Bros. on the Paramount backlot. Maybe Carole's on the lookout for Chico leaping out of nowhere on her.

Little joke for you, Joe:  A lion goes roaring through the jungle, shouting, "Who's the king of the jungle?" and the animals are all answering meekly, "You are!"  Finally he comes to the elephant, and shouts, "Who's the king of the jungle?"  The elephant picks him up in his trunk, swings him around a few times, slams him against a tree, and the lion slides down to the ground.  After a minute the lion says, "Well, you don't have to get mad just because you don't know the answer!"

ampampampampampampampampampampampampampa

It' Broderick Crawford getting hints from his mom actress Helen Broderick

WOW! I don't remember Broderick Crawford ever bein' on "The Beverly Hillbillies"!!! ;)

(...Mom there sure looks a lot like Irene Ryan, doesn't she!)