Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*When Rebel Without a Cause was on last night RO did not mention his death which made me wonder if this portion was a pre-record made before it happened*

Wouldbe,

More than likely it was. Corey Allen only passed away earlier this week (June 27th). Robert O usually records a month's worth of wraparounds the month before they air.

He travels to Atlanta once a month and the crew he works with shoots all of them in about five days.

> {quote:title=mongo wrote:}{quote}

> Orson Welles joins Oliver Hardy and Stan Laurel is some jazz on the RKO backlot

>

Mongo:

Thanks for all the great pictures.

One minor correction, though:

That shot of Orson & Ollie & Stan is actually on the 20th Century-Fox lot, not RKO.

Orson is in his "Rochester" costume for his movie JANE EYRE visiting Laurel & Hardy on the set of their latest feature JITTERBUGS (1943) (both 20th Century-Fox Pictures).

> {quote:title=mongo wrote:}{quote}

> Thanks for the correction, Musicalnovelty.

> I got the info from the image itself as posted here:

>

> Photobucket

>

> It was I myself who made the error.

>

Yep, I knew where you got it from! I visit Greenbriar Picture Shows regularly. John is a good friend and does a great job on that site(in fact I'll be seeing him in less than two weeks!)

I'm not sure exactly who found it first, but that picture of Orson with Stan & Ollie appeared on Leonard Maltin's website a few years ago, and also in the book "Laurel & Hardy From the Forties Forward, Second Edition" by Scott MacGillivray (another good friend!)

The original still also has JITTERBUGS actor Bob Bailey standing next to Stan playing clarinet.

Three feisty Mack Sennett Bathing Beauties. While none of the gals are exactly what I would call Beauties, they did have nice legs. Oh the stories that these ladies could tell their Great Grand Daughters!

IWasa1920sBikerChickcopy.jpg

*Flappers Runnin' Wild!-"I Was a 1920's Biker Chick! (And got a Ticket!)"*