Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Agreed.  He deserved to be killed in Dodge City.  Too bad King Kong didn't crush him. 

He was a rotten actor, too.  I never could understand why he got into movies.  I remember seeing some early Irene Dunne weepie (Ann Vickers?) where Cabot was the lead and wondering why any woman would want to throw herself at him.

He was a rotten actor, too.  I never could understand why he got into movies.  I remember seeing some early Irene Dunne weepie (Ann Vickers?) where Cabot was the lead and wondering why any woman would want to throw herself at him.

I recommend you see the noir movie Fallen Angel where Cabot is a supporting player.   Not because he does a great job of acting in the film (he is only OK),  but because he takes a major beating in the film.   ;)

One of my faves, Michael Caine.  I love his writing.  His autobio is great.  A lovely man, with talents nobody could guess.  Speaks perfect French, because when he went there broke he had to learn the language fast to get a job, and says the French were merciless with him if he made a mistake so he shaped up quickly.  Fell in love with his wife Shakira on television and tracked her down (she was only a mile away) and negotiated a date with her through a friend.  They married and had a beautiful baby girl.  His stories are marvelous; the queen had him telling her jokes at a dinner when the guy seated next to her was too tongue-tied to talk to her.  I love hearing him do the one about the bobby who comes home and finds his wife in bed with three men.  "'Ello 'ello 'ello!" he says.  The wife says, "Aren't you going to say hello to me too?"

• Like 1

George Brent, my girlfriend's dad.  He was a runner with Michael Collins in the war in Ireland when he was in his teens.  He's part of a documentary on Irish celebrities done last year by a partnership in which Suzanne and her brother Barry took part.  They weren't so much interested in his acting career as his relationship to Collins.  I forgot his birthday was so close to St. Patrick's Day.  Suz and her brother had an interesting upbringing, partly in Europe, partly in California.  George flew his own plane and had a huge sailboat which he used to sail to Maui every year.

9ae572e2-4470-418d-ba34-04fec1d65e78_zps

Joan Crawford and Birthday gal Mercedes McCambridge off the set in 1954, making “Johnny Guitar”.
Joan and Mercedes fought both on and off camera. One night, in a drunken rage, Crawford scattered the costumes worn by McCambridge along an Arizona highway. Cast and crew had to collect the outfits.

_zpstfvedo04.jpg

Boris Karloff, out of the lab, into the kitchen

Do we dare surmise what the great Karloff might be stir frying:  beef brains. Rocky Mountain Oysters, and filet of beef tongue? Fried brains are delicious as is beef tongue (makes good sandwiches).  I've had both but not "oysters".