Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wow! What a great picture of Vivian Vance! I've never seen this photo before.  Despite what we were supposed to believe about her character Ethel Mertz on I Love Lucy, I always felt that Vivian Vance was very pretty.  She was also very talented and funny.

Okay, got it. Went through a flurry of confusion trying to sort out Darryl and Duane (Hickman). I thought Darryl was Duane (as the latter first name did not come to me at first.) And yes they are brothers. Darryl had a busier career onscreen-wise. Duane had those early successes on TV. Would love to hear Duane talk about himself and also Robert Cummings who "taught me everything I know about acting." I really liked that show. Duane is 81.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

eeeeeeeeeeeee_zpsbswbvege.jpg

ROBERT FULLER is 82 today

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee_zpskj0rnhsk.jpg

ROBERT HORTON is 91 today

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee_zpsmahkt1mj.jpgeeeeeeeeeeeeee_zpsyprx6ria.jpg

RICHARD EGAN (1921 - 1987)      William Powell  (1892 - 1973)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee_zps8fk7mynk.jpg

STEPHEN McNALLY  (1911 - 1994)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee_zpsymf3y6h5.jpg

THELMA TODD  (1906 - 1935)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee_zpsrrfq4mka.jpg

CLARA BOW  (1905 - 1965)

• Like 2

Great pics!

I believe William Powell died in 1984. 

I'm so glad TCM had a marathon of his movies this morning.  I recorded a handful of them that I hadn't seen before.

I believe William Powell died in 1984.

Yes, at age 91.  I believe he had been in a nursing home for the last months of his life, but up through 90 he had been in pretty good health for his age, other than profound hearing loss.  Truly a good, long life.

Robert Fuller still has it.  Robert Horton never did.  Thanks for the photos to prove it.  

Richard Egan too!  And I thought it was just another ordinary day in Paradise.

star - I am having a blast this summer watching Laramie on a certain Western channel, after I get home from work.  Robert Fuller, John Smith and Hoagy Carmichael.   Robert Fuller is some cowboy - that voice and his agility are impressive.  I found out he grew up dancing, and he can sing too.  Love that show.

Happy Birthday to Peter O`Toole my favorite British actor. I loved him in adventure, drama, and comedy. I think that it is time for me to rewatch THE STUNT MAN, MY FAVORITE YEAR, and HOW TO STEAL A MILLION. THE NIGHT OF THE GENERALS  with Omar Sharif will be on my agenda too.

Happy Birthday to Myrna Loy! She's one of my favorites.  I just watched Song of the Thin Man last night.  Maybe I'll need to watch one of Loy's films tonight.  She's definitely one of the more underrated performers of Classic Hollywood.