Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

tcm%209a.jpg

Sorry, a little too late and perhaps overkill but couldn't resist this. I'm watching a

documentary about baseball just now, this is a shot taken during the 1952 World Series (yes,

with actual color camera). This turbaned smiling young lady's team may be winning.

One good thing out of the turban fiasco is perhaps the 'hat' that the lovely and unfortunate actress Gloria Dickson wore on her birthday page, I admired her in the films "They Made Me a Criminal" and in "Lady of Burlesque". May she rest in peace.

ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd_zpslxf58fn

Once and for all  does anyone recall the Turbans and
their hit record "when You Dce"?

• Like 2

Hi, bansi4, and welcome back. You were so missed! I do remember "When You Dance" by the Turbans. Great song. (Yes, I'm that old.)

Maureen O'Hara looks beautiful even when she's being drenched with water. Happy 95th birthday!  I love Evelyn Ankers's "hair turban." How in the heck did women get their hair to do that?  :)

LONE STAR (1996) is a very good murder-mystery film that needs more attention and TV airings. It is extremely intersting and filled with startling stuff, especially at the very end. This should be a big "cult" film.

Elizabeth-Pena.jpg

• Like 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

GENE KELLY  (1912 - 1991)

Gene Kelly passed away I believe in 1996.  I remember because it was halfway through sixth grade and I remember being so sad.  My friend and I rented Singin' in the Rain and The Pirate in his honor and watched both.

Happy Birthday Gene Kelly! I plan on having a birthday tribute to him tonight!