Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I remember reading that Anne Bancroft said of Mel Brooks, "As soon as I hear his key in the lock, I know the party's about to start."  She adored him and his wonderful sense of fun.  She said of him that he was laugh-till-you-cry funny in person.

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

One of the books I had the pleasure of reading was about birthday gal Frances Farmer. I had always heard the stories and even saw a clip from the show, "This is Your Life" that featured her very dark life. She was a hopeful, shining star in Hollywood that soon fell into the depths of her mental illness, causing years of chaos, bitterness and deep sadness
The horrors of the mental institutions she inhabited were almost beyond description. However, she was very deft in describing the torturous and inhumane treatment she received during her stay in these facilities. I promise you, it's a story you won't soon forget. I know I haven't.
May she rest in peace.

One of the books I had the pleasure of reading was about birthday gal Frances Farmer. I had always heard the stories and even saw a clip from the show, "This is Your Life" that featured her very dark life. She was a hopeful, shining star in Hollywood that soon fell into the depths of her mental illness, causing years of chaos, bitterness and deep sadness

The horrors of the mental institutions she inhabited were almost beyond description. However, she was very deft in describing the torturous and inhumane treatment she received during her stay in these facilities. I promise you, it's a story you won't soon forget. I know I haven't.

May she rest in peace.

I haven't read Farmer's autobiography but I did read "Shadowland" a couple of years back, and I thought it was deeply haunting.  What an utter hell she went through...  I don't know that I'd want to read it again, truthfully.  As you say, may she rest in peace.

When Rand "Charles Hamilton" Brooks was acting on the TV version of Rin-Tin-Tin as "Corporal Boone" he showed he had quite a singing voice as well.  A few years later I recognized it in commercials for Phillies Cigars.  Although he never seemed to get past the "dorky" second lead roles I always liked his work.  Thanks for giving him some deserved recognition.     

When Rand "Charles Hamilton" Brooks was acting on the TV version of Rin-Tin-Tin as "Corporal Boone" he showed he had quite a singing voice as well.  A few years later I recognized it in commercials for Phillies Cigars.  Although he never seemed to get past the "dorky" second lead roles I always liked his work.  Thanks for giving him some deserved recognition.     

Hey now, wouldbe! Whaddaya mean "dorky" here, huh?!

Forget the guy once made no less a tough hombre as Clark Gable back down while they were talkin' politics in that movie made about the Civil War South'? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S72nI4Ex_E0

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Birthday boy Allan Lane has been a mystery almost as long as he's been seen on a movie screen. His audiences have been varied over many, many years. Some know him as the never officially recognized voice of TV's famous talking horse, Mister Ed.

From Drago

Hey now, wouldbe! Whaddaya mean "dorky" here, huh?!

Forget the guy once made no less a tough hombre as Clark Gable back down while they were talkin' politics in that movie made about the Civil War South'? ;)

Yes and he got Marilyn Monroe at the end of Ladies of the Chorus.

I meant he, along with other talented actors who didn't fit the "he-man" image, often ended up on the losing end of the romance or bit the dust before the end when, if she had any sense, the lady would have gone with them.  Like many men, he became more attractive as he aged.  As I said, I was a fan.