Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

c3e8733a-5c28-4204-ba64-f632282bdde9_zps

LAWRENCE TIERNEY (1919 - 2002)

Does anyone else remember Lawrence Tierney on Seinfeld? He had a recurring role as Elaine Benes's father, and the running joke was that everyone except Elaine was afraid of him, which I guess was a joke about Tierney's offscreen scrapping. Anyway, Tierney was great as Mr. Benes. So he could do film noir, comedy, and real-life fight scenes!

AKA-- Horace Hardwick in Top Hat

Fred Astaire's most invaluable supporting actor.

Yep Princess, and to say nothing about his later career as the narrator of the The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show's "Fractured Fairy Tales" segments(probably my first introduction of the man in my youth), and as the Hekawi medicine man Roaring Chicken in the '60's sitcom F-Troop.

(...a truly funny man with a very distinctive voice)

• Like 1

Does anyone else remember Lawrence Tierney on Seinfeld? He had a recurring role as Elaine Benes's father, and the running joke was that everyone except Elaine was afraid of him, which I guess was a joke about Tierney's offscreen scrapping. Anyway, Tierney was great as Mr. Benes. So he could do film noir, comedy, and real-life fight scenes!

Actually Lawrence Tierney only appeared on Seinfeld once because he scared some of the cast members, having been found with a knife which he stole on the set. There had been plans for Elaine's father to have a recurring role in the series, but Tierney was just too much for everyone involved.

When you watch the episode and see Jerry and George acting afraid of Tierney, that acting came pretty easily to them.

• Like 1

Actually Lawrence Tierney only appeared on Seinfeld once because he scared some of the cast members, having been found with a knife which he stole on the set. There had been plans for Elaine's father to have a recurring role in the series, but Tierney was just too much for everyone involved.

When you watch the episode and see Jerry and George acting afraid of Tierney, that acting came pretty easily to them.

Thanks for the correction. Tierney was still great in that Seinfeld episode ("The Jacket").

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

483fc2e8-723f-4596-a811-e8ec010e1509_zps

PATRICIA MORISON is 102 today

It's something to know that one of the villainesses who faced Basil Rathbone's Sherlock Holmes (in Dressed to Kill, the last film of the Rathbone series) is still with us today.

• Like 1