Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Birthday girl Sandy Dennis at home with her brood of cats

I always loved The Out-of-Towners, with Sandy Dennis and Jack Lemmon. I'm not sure I wanted a picture in my mind of Sandy Dennis's kitchen table covered in cats to go with that performance!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

OOOOOOOO_zpsqzdbpnlt.jpg

MIYOSHI UMEKI (1929 - 2007)

Miyoshi has always been one of my favorite actresses. She won the Academy Award for her supporting actress role in Sayonara.

She was the most beloved housekeeper, Mrs. Livingston, In the Courtship of Eddie's Father on television in the seventies.

But I will always remember Miyoshi best as the young honest immigrant girl in Rodgers and Hammerstein's The Flower Drum Song. Her singing was a particular highlight for me on both the Broadway and movie albums.

In addition to being an actress, she was also a popular singing recording artist.

What can I say, the lady loved cats.

And Sandy Dennis is entitled to her love of cats. I guess the photo inspired a mixture of horror and fascination in me, and I just couldn't stop myself from commenting.

I still look forward to seeing your posts every time I log on! :)

Miyoshi has always been one of my favorite actresses. She won the Academy Award for her supporting actress role in Sayonara.

She was the most beloved housekeeper, Mrs. Livingston, In the Courtship of Eddie's Father on television in the seventies.

But I will always remember Miyoshi best as the young honest immigrant girl in Rodgers and Hammerstein's The Flower Drum Song. Her singing was a particular highlight for me on both the Broadway and movie albums.

In addition to being an actress, she was also a popular singing recording artist.

In the 60's she did an episode of Dr. Kildare where she played a woman who survived the a-bombings as a child but was now dying of leukemia nearly 20 years later.  There was thought to be a link between radiation and cancer then so this made me wonder how many more casualties than those stated there really were and how high a price the Japanese actually paid for forcing us into WWII.   I'm not surprised she was so successful a singer; her voice had that musical quality even when just speaking.