*CANDIDS* 2

BIRTHDAYS ON THE SET

Photobucket

June Allyson celebrates with husband Dick Powell

Photobucket

Attractive Mercedes McCambridge with director King Vidor

Photobucket

Ramon Novarro is tricked into a cupcake and later a big cake

What a beautiful and rare color portrait of Carole Lombard! This is one of the nicest photos I've seen of her. Thanks for including it.

I forgot to add this photo to the on set birthdays:

Photobucket

Frank Sinatra and Doris Day help Ethel Barrymore celebrate her birthday

on the set of "Young at Heart" in 1953.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Photobucket

DIANA LYNN (1926 - 1971)

Photobucket

OLIVE BRASNO (1917 - 1998)

Photobucket

JUNE ALLYSON (1917 - 2006)

So, does anybody know what happened to the original painting from "Mr. Skeffington"?

As I watched the movie recently, I wondered if it was a "real" painting or just some kind of mock up.

Boy, there are so many smiles in each of these. Sometimes, I'll rediscover a set of eyes like Ella Raines' and start finding all of her DVDs on our shelves. Unfortunately, Wifey will put 2 and 2 together at some point and make Marisa Tomei and George Costanza jokes again.

Mongo, of all of these great photos, have you found something startling? So wonderful that it stays memorable despite these thousands?

I enjoyed the fairly recent Edward G Robinson-as-Little Bo Peep (or whatever). Cigar chomping in progress - just perfect.

That's a highlight but I think the sheer volume of incredibly beautiful photos - not any one or ten - remains the siren-call of this thread. Just the huge abundance of them.

Ollie, since an image is in the eye of the beholder it's difficult to choose such a picture although I can safely say I do have at least top ten favorites. And yet the list may not be agreeable with others who enjoy the thread.

I've had many members praise certain images and even used them as their screen saver.

Hi Mongo great candids !.... I always wanted to see a picture of Jane Fonda's mom. Hope all is fine

with you and yours. Glad to be back on the boards! Finally upgraded my computer had some health

issues fine now. have a great day!....looking forward to candid's mongo you rock on this website.

loliteblue~

Loliteblue, good to see you on the boards again. Glad to hear that all is in tip top shape with you.

And many thanks for the plaudits.

Photobucket

Wallace Berry with adopted daughter Carol Ann and Lionel Barrymore on the set of "The Bad Man" in 1941.