Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why, TCM? Why Mario Cantone?


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

4589788152_1fa31458f6_z.jpg

Lovebirds are so cute!! I wish that The Birds was about hundreds of lovebirds attacking everyone.  I think these might be peach-faced lovebirds.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

 

Yes, the world can't have too many lovebirds.

 

Or birds in general. We are losing them. :(

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Well, if I knew of a way, I'd send all the PIGEONS that crap on my car over your way.  ;)  Would THAT make you feel better?  B)

Sepiatone

Pigeons are plentiful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The lovebirds, as I recall, don't ever join the murderous throng of all of the rest of the world's species of birds. Maybe because they're ... LOVE birds? I think they're part of the crew of survivors that drive away from the house at the film's end. Though I'm not absolutely sure of this since, even though I've seen this film maybe a dozen times previosly, I didn't stay awake until the end of the most recent airing.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

The lovebirds, as I recall, don't ever join the murderous throng of all of the rest of the world's species of birds. Maybe because they're ... LOVE birds? I think they're part of the crew of survivors that drive away from the house at the film's end. Though I'm not absolutely sure of this since, even though I've seen this film maybe a dozen times previosly, I didn't stay awake until the end of the most recent airing.

Kathy asks to bring them and Mitch goes inside and gets them and off they go!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

Rod Taylor and Co. did not take the lovebirds with them at the end if memory serves.  I'd have taken them with me!  Precious little birb frens.  

Yes, they do. Taylor goes back inside and gets them for Kathy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hibi said:

I love woodpeckers. Used to see them a lot at my last location. Dont see any around my new one. :( Beautiful birds.

Never saw one for real, but hear them at work now and then 'round my 'hood. Usually sounding they're over on the next block.

Sepiatone

Link to post
Share on other sites

The woodpeckers we have around here are fairly run-of-the-mill.  Our house has green shingles for siding and the birds think there's all kinds of grub in them.  But what really got me a couple of months ago was across the street.  I heard this terrific great noise and couldn't imagine what it could be.  When I looked out the window I saw a giant woodpecker -- really the size of something you'd see after an atomic blast laid waste to everything but this species of bird.  It was going after a 60-year-old maple tree and almost pecked the thing in half.  I'm not joking!   Then after about 20 minutes it took off.  If I see him again I'll give him directions to your house, Hibi, if you're pining for the little devils still.   Most happy to oblige.

Brian

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Never saw one for real, but hear them at work now and then 'round my 'hood. Usually sounding they're over on the next block.

Sepiatone

They are a mix of red and black and white. The males are really beautiful (have the headdress look)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brianNH said:

The woodpeckers we have around here are fairly run-of-the-mill.  Our house has green shingles for siding and the birds think there's all kinds of grub in them.  But what really got me a couple of months ago was across the street.  I heard this terrific great noise and couldn't imagine what it could be.  When I looked out the window I saw a giant woodpecker -- really the size of something you'd see after an atomic blast laid waste to everything but this species of bird.  It was going after a 60-year-old maple tree and almost pecked the thing in half.  I'm not joking!   Then after about 20 minutes it took off.  If I see him again I'll give him directions to your house, Hibi, if you're pining for the little devils still.   Most happy to oblige.

Brian

LOL. I don't care, I rent! :D Yes, there are some big ones, but I've never seen one THAT big!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, you'll enjoy this one, Hibi.  Since my neighbor doesn't have one of those height measuring strips like you see on the doors of convenience stores, it was difficult to get an accurate height.  But I'm guessing this thing was at least 16 inches tall -- maybe even 18 inches.  Parents were calling in their small children for fear that they might be carried off.  And even the bear that sniffs around the garbage cans looked a bit nervous that day.  And now we all have a good story to tell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, brianNH said:

Oh, you'll enjoy this one, Hibi.  Since my neighbor doesn't have one of those height measuring strips like you see on the doors of convenience stores, it was difficult to get an accurate height.  But I'm guessing this thing was at least 16 inches tall -- maybe even 18 inches.  Parents were calling in their small children for fear that they might be carried off.  And even the bear that sniffs around the garbage cans looked a bit nervous that day.  And now we all have a good story to tell.

LMREO!!! Hard to believe, but I'll take your word for it. Must be something in the wood there. LOL.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brianNH said:

The woodpeckers we have around here are fairly run-of-the-mill.  Our house has green shingles for siding and the birds think there's all kinds of grub in them.  But what really got me a couple of months ago was across the street.  I heard this terrific great noise and couldn't imagine what it could be.  When I looked out the window I saw a giant woodpecker -- really the size of something you'd see after an atomic blast laid waste to everything but this species of bird.  It was going after a 60-year-old maple tree and almost pecked the thing in half.  I'm not joking!   Then after about 20 minutes it took off.  If I see him again I'll give him directions to your house, Hibi, if you're pining for the little devils still.   Most happy to oblige.

Brian

Maybe it was Akim Tamiroff!

original-film-title-the-vulture-english-

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's the one!  I didn't think anyone got a picture of it.  And y'all thought I was crazy, right?  

(By the way, is this what Misswonderly was talking about somewhere  when she extolled the pleasantness of thread diversions?)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of thoughts:

On occasion, I get pileated woodpeckers that visit my bird feeders in the winter months, but they also hug the trunks of my spruce trees as they listen for potential meals that may be living beneath the bark.

On "The Birds", one of the more horrifying aspects of the picture came at the end.  How in the world could 3 adults and a child, plus a bird cage with 2 passengers all fit into that teeny weeny sportscar of Melanie's?  Just thinking of it causes my legs to cramp up!  😲

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...