Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Fall Foliage Film Festival

11 minutes ago, LonesomePolecat said:

LITTLE WOMEN — al of them have fall scenes eventually — this shot is from the 1994 version

Ah, the good Winona Ryder one, not the new one(s) that wanted to make the entire movie about Jo's author career being turned down by a hundred 19th-cty. toxic-male-culture editors.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, EricJ said:

Ah, the good Winona Ryder one, not the new one(s) that wanted to make the entire movie about Jo's author career being turned down by a hundred 19th-cty. toxic-male-culture editors.

The 1994 Little Women is my fav — I love Hepburn too but the Ryder film has one of my fav film soundtracks of all time!

On 10/3/2021 at 10:01 PM, lydecker said:

Peyton Place!

Just finished a visit to Peyton Place author Grace Metalious's grave in Gilmanton, New Hampshire, and took video for the Hollywood Graveyard You Tube channel -   Beautiful area around Squam Lake, New Hampshire, where On Golden Pond was filmed, with Katherine Hepburn, and Henry and Jane Fonda.  Learned that Grace died at 40 y.o., a victim of the alcoholic behavior indicative of her characters in the novel, such as Lucas Cross.  She blew through her book royalties and owed the IRS a bundle at the time of her death.  Sad ending, but at least she's laid to rest in a lovely spot, especially so in the fall -  FYI, also close to where actor Claude Rains is buried in Moultonborough.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

John Wayne had some colorful Aspens behind him in this scene from True Grit.   As I was explaining to a person from New England,   fall in the Rockies isn't quite the same as in New Hampshire because there's basically only one kind of deciduous tree in the Rockies - the Aspen - and its leaves are only yellow.  No bright red Maples or orange Oak leaves to be found in Colorado !

True Grit, Then and Now, John Wayne, Filming Locations of ...

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, cinecrazydc said:

there's basically only one kind of deciduous tree in the Rockies - the Aspen - and its leaves are only yellow.  No bright red Maples or orange Oak leaves to be found in Colorado !

Actually the Rockies in Montana had aspen, some birch, and a lot of cottonwoods along the rivers and creeks. We also had larch turning yellow in the fall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Peyton Place!

You'll note at approximately minute 1:03 in the video, the sign says "Welcome to Camden" - this was because the film was partially shot in Camden, Maine. The famous view where Allison MacKenzie (Mia Farrow) and Norman Page (Russ Tamblyn) stand on the hill overlooking Peyton Place. It is actually Mount Battie in Camden, Maine.  

On 10/3/2021 at 10:01 PM, lydecker said:

Peyton Place!

• Like 1
On 10/5/2021 at 1:56 PM, EricJ said:

Ah, the good Winona Ryder one, not the new one(s) that wanted to make the entire movie about Jo's author career being turned down by a hundred 19th-cty. toxic-male-culture editors

I saw that one, and it was more than your one-sentence reduction of it. There was a really odd and I would think confusing split timeline, jumping endlessly back and forth betwen adult Jo and teenage Jo that felt to me an overt attempt to be arty, with several parallel mirroring scenes that occasionally left the viewer (me!) confused about which time period he/she was watching. But I appreciated the attempt to do something different with the narrrative, down to letting the viewer decide how the lives of Jo and the others turned out.

• Thanks 1

It's a miniseries but we're including it in the FFFF because the foliage is so lovely -- ANNE OF GREEN GABLES & ANNE OF AVONLEA.

anne-gilbert.jpg

e9d7dcdb6f66d52fa708c2b3b5b34879.gif

anne-of-green-gables-the-sequel-506702l-

1*WZ6Yon2KEb1ilzQzioIDuQ.jpeg

e1e64eb24157d0aefacdc50257eb82bc.png

Anne even says, "I'm so glad to live in a world where there are Octobers", as someone attached to this photo:

5f401cc369693c2ef9c21a3c_Screen%20Shot%2

Some stop motion animation -- WALLACE AND GROMIT: CURSE OF THE WERE RABBIT -- a Halloween tradition for me. Such a funny movie!

Wallace_gromit_were_rabbit_poster.jpg

Lovely fall foliage around Tottington Hall:

ea1fef_6a782a57bdb542d899a309edee5e3302.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT4WdqnPEc4xbZwwCjPJ2

Here they are building the woods set:

MV5BNmJiMGJkNzUtNWVjZS00ZWNkLTljYzItMDM3