Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OBSESSION (1949) aka THE HIDDEN ROOM

Other British classics which seem to be off-limits for Canadian TCM viewers include:  DEAD OF NIGHT; THE 3rd MAN; THE FALLEN IDOL as well as OBSESSION.  A few years ago THE HOLLY AND THE IVY was also on that list but now can be viewed in Canada.  Thank goodness we Canadians have Silver Screen Classics which recently presented THE 3rd MAN, although one has to endure minimal commercial interruptions...

On 10/10/2021 at 2:06 PM, shrinkwrap said:

Thank goodness we Canadians have Silver Screen Classics which recently presented THE 3rd MAN, although one has to endure minimal commercial interruptions...

Hello  Silver Screen were awful several years ago,the quality of their prints was not good.I remember a film with Bela Lugosi splitting on the screen I think it was Postal Inspector !( it is cheaper to broadcast pd films) they are a bit better now several providers are not broadcasting tSilver Screen  now and it is understandable they show usually 3-4 films a day repeated in the evening shift and they come back every 6 months.,You should definitely check CHCH in Hamilton I think-I'am in Quebec not in Ontario I discovered by pure luck in my basic Bell package-the normal cbc's etc. They show great prints of classic films every night-late at 2 am so set your dvd,many of them are not showed on TCM,They played Naked Alibi with Hayden & Gloria Grahame, 3 weeks ago,This movie never played here at TCM .They have a great selection of films and they always surprise me. You should check the channelThey have a few ads every 30 minutes but so what? They do not cut the movies and there is no stations like this in a basic general package.They broadcasts good old tv series during the day( the Prisonner etc) but the movie at night I  always pre-booked in  my dvd recorder  schedule

On 10/10/2021 at 1:56 PM, shrinkwrap said:

I'd like to get a proper DVD recording of Obsession; I ordered one from e-bay, transferred from a 16mm print.  Pretty poor quality, I won't be watching that DVD again...

I got it on the net last year and it is not very good,there is nothing else.

• 3 weeks later...