Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bring back the suggest a movie com box!

reneex

Gee...whiz..I often wonder...are the message boards read by the TCM staff? I really miss the Suggest A movie com box. Which was a truly accessible tool used by fans to suggest movies and other documentaries on TCM. Lately, I've grown disappointed with some of the changes made on this channel and am becoming a bit bored by all of the excessive "wokeness" adopted upon this network. How many times must we be informed about issues concerning race? "women's films" and other special interest topics including LGBT images? I miss the days when classic films were documented by the late and charming host, Robert Osborne.  I know that we can't go back to those days but I'd like to see more classic films discussed. Without all of the contemporary criticism infused upon a bygone era. Which was just as flawed as our present age!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reneex said:

Gee...whiz..I often wonder...are the message boards read by the TCM staff? I really miss the Suggest A movie com box. Which was a truly accessible tool used by fans to suggest movies and other documentaries on TCM. Lately, I've grown disappointed with some of the changes made on this channel and am becoming a bit bored by all of the excessive "wokeness" adopted upon this network. How many times must we be informed about issues concerning race? "women's films" and other special interest topics including LGBT images? I miss the days when classic films were documented by the late and charming host, Robert Osborne.  I know that we can't go back to those days but I'd like to see more classic films discussed. Without all of the contemporary criticism infused upon a bygone era. Which was just as flawed as our present age!

Don't think they ever paid attention to movie suggestions here.  At one time they did have a suggest a movie link on the tcm.com website, but I can't find it.  You could go there and use the contact link - maybe.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings