Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Festival Dates Announced!

txfilmfan

Thankfully, it looks like there will be an in-person event in 2022.  The dates for next year's festival have been announced.

TCM CLASSIC FILM FESTIVAL RETURNS TO HOLLYWOOD

APRIL 21-24, 2022

ALL TOGETHER NOW: BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN
Reunite with fellow film fans, the movies, the memories, the stars, and the glamour. 
It's all back live and in person, just as it should be and where it all began in Hollywood. Join us for the 2022 TCM Classic Film Festival. From high school reunions to homecomings,
celebrate milestones from the past as we look forward to making new memories together.

The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel will serve as our official hotel for the Festival, as well as the home of Club TCM-the central gathering point for passholders.

Passes for the 2022 TCM Classic Film Festival will go on sale this November.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Enid B said:

I'm confused by the new site. I found the log in by accident and so am concerned that I won't be able to find the page with information about the festival and buy the pass I want when they go on sale. 

There a link ("Film Festival") on the main TCM page, but if you bookmark the following URL, it will take you directly to the festival page:

https://filmfestival.tcm.com/

One of the ways you can keep up to date is to subscribe to e-mails, if you don't mind sharing an e-mail address with them.  They will email you when significant events occur (such as the announcement of sale dates, programming additions/changes, etc).  You can sign up at the bottom of the web page mentioned above.  You can also monitor social media sites like Twitter or Facebook, if you use those.

On 10/13/2021 at 10:08 AM, Cece222 said:

Booked my flight and room .. Can't wait.. Does anyone know of shuttle service from LAX to hotel. Is Uber the best alternative. 

I've used Lyft, Uber and Super Shuttle from LAX, and Lyft and taxis from Burbank.  Lyft/Uber are equivalent, to me.   Super Shuttle (shared van service) is no longer in business.   Not sure if any shuttles between the airport and Hollywood are in operation right now.   There used to be a shuttle bus between LAX and Hollywood, but that was discontinued when the pandemic started.

Note that the ground traffic around LAX can be horrendous at any time.  Burbank is a much easier to navigate and closer airport, but it is usually more expensive to fly into Burbank vs. LAX.

One other option, if you don't mind using public transportation, is the Metro.  You can take an airport shuttle to the Aviation/LAX metro station and ride metro from there to the Hollywood/Highland station.

• 4 weeks later...

“Farthest and Uphill.”  The Hollywood Legion Theater at Post 43 has a rich history and looks like a great venue to watch movies at the festival, but it is .4 mile from Hollywood Roosevelt and takes 15-20 minutes to walk per the TCM website. Although .4 mile on a relatively flat surface isn’t horrible, when a significant part of the trek is uphill, the journey is difficult, if not impossible, for some people. It would be great if TCM could run a shuttle between the Roosevelt and Post 43.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings