Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I remember when THE CAR (1977) first came out on homevideo via Anchor Bay in 1997.  I bought myself a W/S VHS tape right away.  Still have it. 

WHAT EVIL DRIVES . . . THE CAR?  😈

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

the close to 1977s The Car.

I have it on one of my audio CDs.

this shoulda been the theme for Ghost Rider.

To my ears, Rosenman seems to have "sampled" part of Gerald Fried's title theme for I Bury the Living.

IMO, all of Paul Williams' songs and music in Phantom of the Paradise are ab fab. I particularly dig the music during the end credits. It perfectly complements and enhances Brian De Palma's montage.

• Like 1

Eucalyptus, nice to read about your evaluation of the end credits from "Phantom of the Paradise"  with particular attention to Paul Williams' music.  I've always been a fan of his.

Brian 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Paul Williams wrote "The Rainbow Connection", right? What more need be said?

I was actually made to sing that along with my classmates in my music class in high school.

I love the Muppets though. No one can sing it better than Kermit, I must say.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I was actually made to sing that along with my classmates in my music class in high school.

I love the Muppets though. No one can sing it better than Kermit, I must say.

I dunno....

I've always liked this guy's style!  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

They changed their name?

They're now just The Chicks, because apparently the word Dixie is more offensive than Chicks.

1 hour ago, Shank Asu said:

You can't call them the Dixie Chicks anymore.  (I don't write the new rules, i just mock them)

There is no "new rule" going on here with this name change since they did this because they wanted to and not because of pressure from activist groups;  They didn't wish to be associated with the term "Dixie".   

Thus I see nothing to mock here.  

8 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

There is no "new rule" going on here with this name change since they did this because they wanted to and not because of pressure from activist groups;  They didn't wish to be associated with the term "Dixie".   

I find plenty to mock but i suppose this isn't the thread to be having this conversation.  They picked the name to begin with- they didn't just change it for no reason.

cheers

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Shank Asu said:

I find plenty to mock but i suppose this isn't the thread to be having this conversation.  They picked the name to begin with- they didn't just change it for no reason.

cheers

I assume the reason was mostly marketing related.    

• Like 1

I suspect you are correct, James and Thy Jazzy Guitar, about the reason The Dixie Chicks changed their 'name' to just "The Chicks".   

I think there's another current country band that was called 'LADY ANTEBELLUM', but decided to change their name because of the word "Antebellum".  Except I don't recall offhand what 'name' they changed to . . . ?

1 minute ago, Mr. Gorman said:

I think there's another current country band that was called 'LADY ANTEBELLUM', but decided to change their name because of the word "Antebellum".  Except I don't recall offhand what 'name' they changed to . . . ?

Lady Antebellum changed their name to "Lady A", not sure why they wouldn't just change it to something else entirely.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Well then, it might be considered surprising that some activist group didn't voice objection to the name "Chicks"  and made them consider changing THAT name to "The PEEPS"  ;)  :D 

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Well then, it might be considered surprising that some activist group didn't voice objection to the name "Chicks"  and made them consider changing THAT name to "The PEEPS"  ;)  :D 

Sepiatone

"The The" is already taken.  Maybe they could just go by "The" and not have to worry too much about copyright infringement.

What a dilemma they have found themselves in this time.

Hmm...  Maybe they should just become a Dixie Chicks tribute band. 😁

13 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

some great unsung music I can think of is some of Gil Melle's music to Frankenstein the True Story and Howard Shore's remarkable score to The Fly.

I'm a big fan of Gil Melle and his music,  both as a composer and as a musician.     Melle did some recordings for Blue Note in the  50s and featured one of my favorite guitarist, Tal Farlow.

The Complete Blue Note Fifties Sessions.jpg

• Like 1