Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Loss of viewing? End of TCM?

James L.

For the past few days, my TCL Roku  has lost TCM....  I just get a  error message:   "This Title is not available. Please make another choice"  on ALL  choices.  Live, Film collection, everything  is Not Available, but the TCM Channel is still there.   What happened?  

I'm sure this will get moved to the 'Problems with TCM.COM' topic.  However, a similar thread there has been closed by the moderator.

For Roku problems, there are only a limited number of things you can try.

1. Try logging out of the provider and logging back in.  See if that helps.

2. Try restarting the Roku device.  See if that helps.

3. TCM suggests selecting the app (WatchTCM icon) and then holding down the * button on the remote.

This should give you the option of checking for updates to the app.  You want to update the app if possible.

Then try watching shows again after the update.

4. If all else fails, you can try deleting the app and installing it again.  Hopefully this step should not be necessary.

1 hour ago, James L. said:

For the past few days, my TCL Roku  has lost TCM....  I just get a  error message:   "This Title is not available. Please make another choice"  on ALL  choices.  Live, Film collection, everything  is Not Available, but the TCM Channel is still there.   What happened?  

I've got a Roku device and a Samsung TV. I have not had a problem accessing and watching TCM.

Check out this report on TCL TVs and Roku TVs.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/10/22616941/tcl-6-5-series-google-tv-price-specs

1 hour ago, James L. said:

Roku says it is a TCM issue.  And in the server choice list, Roku  is missing !  

If I understand your comment properly, I don't think Roku is a server.  Roku is merely the streaming device you are watching on.  You have to sign on to an existing service to get permission to access movies on WatchTCM.  This would be an account provider from the list such as Charter, Spectrum, etc.

1 hour ago, cmovieviewer said:

If I understand your comment properly, I don't think Roku is a server.  Roku is merely the streaming device you are watching on.  You have to sign on to an existing service to get permission to access movies on WatchTCM.  This would be an account provider from the list such as Charter, Spectrum, etc.

Yeah, I think so too, or at least I came to that conclusion before.  Basically a Roku is just a stand-alone computer that is preconfigured for only that purpose - at a minimal cost.  Though you could use just about any ordinary computer, one with decent video hardware, and set it up to do exactly the same thing.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings