Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Night of Nancy Sinatra -- Be Still My Heart!


Recommended Posts

Beating the very dead horse here but, really??  Nancy Sinatra films?  Do we need this??  Are they curated and contexted ???  I sure hope so.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lydecker said:

Beating the very dead horse here but, really??  Nancy Sinatra films?  Do we need this??  Are they curated and contexted ???  I sure hope so.

 

😃 At first I thought you were serious. lol  I've come to loathe the word "curated", which TCM uses constantly.  To me it's often very close to "censored", with lipstick.  Someone else deciding what you should watch, because they're the expert.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, unwatchable said:

Yes, "curate" and "aesthetic" have been discovered by the Twitter mob, and they are wearing out these terms and, usually, applying them incorrectly.

Yes, yes, yes.  TCM has made both words a joke in the incessant misuse of them.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Katie_G said:

😃 At first I thought you were serious. lol  I've come to loathe the word "curated", which TCM uses constantly.  To me it's often very close to "censored", with lipstick.  Someone else deciding what you should watch, because they're the expert.

But, but, TCM does decide what you watch.  It always has.

Link to post
Share on other sites

These boobs  are made for gawking,

And that's  just what folks do.

One of these days these boobs are going to sag all over you. 

 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm here for Nancy Sinatra, because I love "These Boots Were Made for Walkin'"  and I enjoy seeing things from the 1960s.  To borrow from the over-used Twitter term, I love the aesthetic of the 1960s, but specifically the mid-1960s.  That period that isn't quite as prissy as the 1950s-early 1960s, but isn't quite as scandalous as some of the later 1960s sexual revolution things.  I love the graphics, the colors, the clothes, the dancing, everything.  I really liked Nancy's RC commercial.  This whole "Movin' with Nancy" TV special (I think that's what it is) is odd but reminds me of my second favorite TCM short, "Match Your Mood," a 1968 Westinghouse commercial about how to customize the outside of your refrigerator--because obviously your guests will care if the outside of your fridge does not match the occasion.   I also love For Those Who Think Young which is on later tonight at 8pm--but I'm a big fan of all the 1950s-1960s teen beach movies and comedies. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moviecollector:  Yes, that song.  Heeheehee!

A few years ago I was working in a kitchen with a bunch of guys all born after 1990.  They asked me what song I would like to hear, and I told them "Phaedra."  The whole way through everyone in the kitchen stopped what they were doing and stared at me.  "I keep telling you guys, 'You all think you invented Nuts!?'"

Incidentally, my wife loves to sing along with it!  She's a keeper, she is.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Katie_G said:
8 hours ago, lydecker said:

Beating the very dead horse here but, really??  Nancy Sinatra films?  Do we need this??  Are they curated and contexted ???  I sure hope so.

 

😃 At first I thought you were serious. lol  I've come to loathe the word "curated", which TCM uses constantly.  To me it's often very close to "censored", with lipstick.  Someone else deciding what you should watch, because they're the expert.

I didn't think this part was serious, but I clicked on the thread title thinking it was serious. These are the message boards that contained a 50-page thread extolling the virtues of Murder,  She Wrote, so obviously everybody's got someone or something they're into, which they take very seriously. I actually don't think I've seen any Nancy Sinatra films except for that one Elvis movie she was in, so I'm not sure what I'd think of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a huge Nancy Sinatra fan from way back, so I'm on board.  MOVIN' WITH NANCY is a terrific bit of 1960s pop culture, with great music, locations, and fashions.  The movies?  Maybe not cinema classics, but all within the realm of TCM's offerings.  I am surprised that they didn't include THE WILD ANGELS as a tie-in with TCM Underground and throw in THE OSCAR for good measure.  Besides, Nancy is show business royalty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...