Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Night of Nancy Sinatra -- Be Still My Heart!

I only saw the last 1/3 of it.  Can say it was my thing and why it would be considered "classic" escapes me.  If it had to be aired, it should have been in the middle of the night, not in the primetime slot.  It would have fit better on PBS during one of their fund raising drives. I did enjoy her contribution to the introduction of the following movie, though.

♠ '60s Musical Query ♠ :  I've not seen all the 1960s "Beach Party"-type movies so does anyone remember hearing a song called "Make Him Mine" by Susan Maughan in any 'Beach Party'-ish flick? 

It's a catchy tune running 2:10 and it would fit right in on a 'Beach Party' soundtrack . . . and maybe it *was* included in one "Beach Party" movie that I've not seen.

Anyone ever heard it?  :)

On 10/8/2021 at 9:22 PM, brianNH said:

Moviecollector:  Yes, that song.  Heeheehee!

A few years ago I was working in a kitchen with a bunch of guys all born after 1990.  They asked me what song I would like to hear, and I told them "Phaedra."  The whole way through everyone in the kitchen stopped what they were doing and stared at me.  "I keep telling you guys, 'You all think you invented Nuts!?'"

Incidentally, my wife loves to sing along with it!  She's a keeper, she is.  

What an AWFUL song! Hated it as a kid and still do. So glad I wasn't even AWARE of this night!

• Haha 1

I defy anyone not to like a song about Phaedra, who gives life and makes it end.  And there is a chance that on that velvet morning when Lee Hazelwood opens up your gate, he might not even tell you about it.  At best, it's a maybe.  The entirety of existence in the universe is encapsulated in this one initially repellent oeuvre.  

As an added bonus, Hibi, all the woodpeckers -- large and small -- around here sing the chorus "Flowers growing on a hill...."  

Oh yes, "Some Velvet Morning" is the actual title; but it seems that if you say the Phaedra song,  then everybody knows what you're talking about!  And reacts accordingly.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:12 PM, brianNH said:

I defy anyone not to like a song about Phaedra, who gives life and makes it end.  And there is a chance that on that velvet morning when Lee Hazelwood opens up your gate, he might not even tell you about it.  At best, it's a maybe.  The entirety of existence in the universe is encapsulated in this one initially repellent oeuvre.  

As an added bonus, Hibi, all the woodpeckers -- large and small -- around here sing the chorus "Flowers growing on a hill...."  

Oh, give me a break! (entirety of existence).......