Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Just now, Sepiatone said:

I laughed in spite of it being no laughing matter.  ;) 

Sepiatone

I wondered about that. I guess it is good for your health to stay positive. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

 

Agree with everything he said and believe it is entirely possible, if not probable.  The Democrats and moderate independents damn well better take this seriously, because it is likely to happen.  Trump and Trumpism are the greatest threat to America today.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

We were basically down to just a few safeguards. 

1. Pence refused to do what Trump wanted him to do.

2. The insurrectionists with the nooses never found Pelosi or Pence. 

3. The states involved, even those controlled by the GOP, refused to go along with Trump. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

We were basically down to just a few safeguards. 

1. Pence refused to do what Trump wanted him to do.

2. The insurrectionists with the nooses never found Pelosi or Pence. 

3. The states involved, even those controlled by the GOP, refused to go along with Trump. 

But what will happen in 2024 and maybe even in 2022 with the GOPers more firmly in control of state election processes?  Those who refused to go along with Trump in 2020 will probably be out of office in 2022 and 2024.

 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ElCid said:

But what will happen in 2024 and maybe even in 2022 with the GOPers more firmly in control of state election processes?  Those who refused to go along with Trump in 2020 will probably be out of office in 2022 and 2024.

 

& I'm sure he'll have more luck w/someone like MTGreene as VP.....

-_-

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ElCid said:

But what will happen in 2024 and maybe even in 2022 with the GOPers more firmly in control of state election processes?  Those who refused to go along with Trump in 2020 will probably be out of office in 2022 and 2024.

 

1. The GOP state leaders are being replaced with people who actually will select bogus electors.

2. Kamala Harris will be faced with the same choice Pence was except this time the electors will actually be bogus.

3.  Smarter insurrectionists will be standing by with better nooses.

See video in original post. It discusses all of this.  Wouldn't a simple majority nationwide vote with ranked choice voting  be a way to just get rid of all of this? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

See video in original post. It discusses all of this.  Wouldn't a simple majority nationwide vote with ranked choice voting  be a way to just get rid of all of this? 

Not sure I agree with ranked choice.  Seems too complicated to me and would allow third party candidates to have too much influence over the election.  I realize New York City does this for mayor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...