Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Trevor Howard fans?

ClassicFilmGirl

I just recently created a new blog on Trevor Howard and thought it might be of interest to some of his fans.   I learned quite a lot about Trevor while researching and think there's some good information on him and his films.  My favorite Trevor Howard film is Brief Encounter (of course!) but The Third Man is a very, very close second.  If I didn't love David Lean so much and the tragic beauty of Brief Encounter, I would be hard pressed to put it before the artsy atmospheric greatness of The Third Man.   I think it's says something that Trevor Howard was in both the top two ranked British films.   I also found him quite funny in a lesser known film with Cary Grant called Father Goose.   He so rarely seemed to play funny roles and he was quite good at it.  If you would like to check out the Trevor Howard blog you can click here.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of his also.  Two more great performances are in Sons and Lovers  and Ryan's Daughter. And let's not forget his Captain Bligh in the '62 Mutiny on the Bounty.  He's good in everything I've seen him in.

Just checked out your blog .. great job!  Didn't realize Mutiny was such a nightmare for him.

Edited by AmandaBonner
additional info

• 1 month later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings