Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you are a white coach or management male in the NFL you'd better get ready for an indoctrination if you want to stay.  Trust me a purge is coming ...

18 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

If you are a white coach or management male in the NFL you'd better get ready for an indoctrination if you want to stay.  Trust me a purge is coming ...

So......racism, homophobia, and being sexist is  okay then?

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Lizbeth4 said:

So......racism, homophobia, and being sexist is  okay then?

Sad Pitiful Sucky State of Affairs, but With Some People such Obscenity seems to be ok.

Not to mention even Admirable. 

3 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Sad Pitiful Sucky State of Affairs, but With Some People such Obscenity seems to be ok.

Not to mention even Admirable. 

It legit breaks my heart that he is claiming to be a "Christian".  I am one too.  But he does not represent our viewpoints 😞  If you believe in God, then you believe in Love.  How can people not love each other the way that God expects us too?

• Like 1

The Spectator World

Jon Gruden exposes the NFL’s woke hypocrisy

Was the league’s commissioner behind the leak?

October 12, 2021 | 2:35 pm

Las Vegas Raiders head coach Jon Gruden resigned Monday after insensitive emails he’d sent a decade ago were leaked to the media, gifting us the latest example of woke mob hypocrisy.

Read More >> https://spectatorworld.com/life/jon-gruden-nfl-raiders-roger-goodell/

I wonder if Gruden has grounds for lawsuit against the NFL for leaking this. He had an expectation of privacy when he wrote those messages and the NFL, either through negligence or malice, leaked them. And it has cost him millions. Granted he wouldn't be the most sympathetic plaintiff. 

8 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

There was always something about Gruden I didn't like, but the contents of private emails should not be made public.

Most of the context NOT related to the specific investigation was redacted but some of the out-there ones  from Gruden were so-called mistakenly NOT redacted.

I smell a fish here;   The NFL knew someone with legal access to the original emails was going to leak these half-a redacted Gurden email (or maybe even the non-redacted ones) to the media.     This would look like the NFL was doing a cover-up so they meet with Gruden and the Davis (Raider owner),  and they agreed on the plan of action.

Note that either way this blew up in the NFL's face:   I.e.  they are being accused of a cover-up anyway.   E.g.  the email should have been exposed on a real-time basis so that Gurden couldn't get that Monday Night Football gig or any job in the NFL.    

• Thanks 1

Worked for a couple of Fortune 500 companies ... so glad I'm retired and gone ... young white males have a tough-road-to-hoe in front of 'em ...

33 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

Worked for a couple of Fortune 500 companies ... so glad I'm retired and gone ... young white males have a tough-road-to-hoe in front of 'em ...

I'm a conservatize that believes in the rights of the employer to terminate an employee at-will.

Sadly Trumpers no longer support this conservative value.    

• Like 1

And now I understand there's some talk of going after those who also read or heard of those e-mails but didn't bother to speak up or out about them and taking some kind of action against them for being "enablers".  

Any truth to that?  

But JAMES, I'm a centrist(like Dargo) who believes in that also(what you said about employer rights to terminate an employee) but NOT "at-will".  That could mean anything from firing one for poor job performance to not liking his shoe color.  But in Gruden's case his actions made the entire franchise look bad.  And not terminating him would have made them appear complicit.  So, I could see why they thought he had to go. 

Sepiatone

Any talk of going after the people who leaked this stuff? Does anyone care what might have motivated them? Or whether they were selective in whose emails they leaked? Pretty chicken-**** move don't y'all think?

10 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I'm a conservatize that believes in the rights of the employer to terminate an employee at-will.

Sadly Trumpers no longer support this conservative value.    

I'm not sure how that is a conservative value. Sounds more like you are saying Republicans (not a synonym for conservatives, please note) believe businesses should be able to do whatever they want, especially where workers are involved.

Note also that Trumpers are more blue-collar than the Republicans you may be used to. They are populists more than conservative. They are Republicans only because Trump ran as a Republican.

But .... 

Would you allow an employer to fire over an incident involving prior moral turpitude? And is this such a case? 

Gruden was not an NFL employee when he wrote this stuff. He therefore was not subject to any morals clause, or other NFL regulation.

P.S. Gruden of course was not fired, he resigned to avoid being a distraction, he said. I'm wondering, though, if he had not resigned, and the Raiders as an organization backed him - which would have been an incredibly brave and beautiful thing to see - could the NFL have fired him? Can they say to a team, "We don't like some of the things your coach has said in private as a non-employee. Hire someone else."

13 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

I'm not sure how that is a conservative value. Sounds more like you are saying Republicans (not a synonym for conservatives, please note) believe businesses should be able to do whatever they want, especially where workers are involved.

Note also that Trumpers are more blue-collar than the Republicans you may be used to. They are populists more than conservative. They are Republicans only because Trump ran as a Republican.

But .... 

Would you allow an employer to fire over an incident involving prior moral turpitude? And is this such a case? 

Gruden was not an NFL employee when he wrote this stuff. He therefore was not subject to any morals clause, or other NFL regulation.

P.S. Gruden of course was not fired, he resigned to avoid being a distraction, he said. I'm wondering, though, if he had not resigned, and the Raiders as an organization backed him - which would have been an incredibly brave and beautiful thing to see - could the NFL have fired him? Can they say to a team, "We don't like some of the things your coach has said in private as a non-employee. Hire someone else."

An employer should have the legal right to fire an employee for conduct that is determinantal to the employer.   This is the case with Gruden.   

E.g.  lost of sponsorships.    Players not wishing to play for him.  Etc......

Public facing employees have an even higher bar of conduct.     

• Like 1
6 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

An employer should have the legal right to fire an employee for conduct that is determinantal to the employer.   This is the case with Gruden.   

E.g.  lost of sponsorships.    Players not wishing to play for him.  Etc......

Public facing employees have an even higher bar of conduct.     

Sounds good to me but if the public is unaware of the conduct, because it is done privately, and the employer or an agent of the employer makes the conduct public, should the employee have any protection?

30 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

Sounds good to me but if the public is unaware of the conduct, because it is done privately, and the employer or an agent of the employer makes the conduct public, should the employee have any protection?

I don't think the employee should have any protection from being fired by the employer,  but they can sue the one that made public the information.   Thus say Gruden was fired by the Raiders:   Gruden could sue the NFL and hopefully he would prevail.  

6 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I don't think the employee should have any protection from being fired by the employer,  but they can sue the one that made public the information.   Thus say Gruden was fired by the Raiders:   Gruden could sue the NFL and hopefully he would prevail. 

If Gruden had a legitimate expectation of privacy when he wrote these emails, (like say if he and Allen were communicating from their personal email accounts) AND the person who made the emails public was an NFL employee, the league may have some liability. And if it is found that the leaker was acting under the direction of a league officer ...

But this is all guesswork. I really don't want to go so deep into this as to search out the NFL's terms and conditions of employment, but if the league starts to make privacy claims in response to demands to release all emails, that could get really sticky for them if they either authorized the leak, or were negligent in protecting the emails.