Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

15 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

If Gruden had a legitimate expectation of privacy when he wrote these emails, (like say if he and Allen were communicating from their personal email accounts) AND the person who made the emails public was an NFL employee, the league may have some liability. And if it is found that the leaker was acting under the direction of a league officer ...

But this is all guesswork. I really don't want to go so deep into this as to search out the NFL's terms and conditions of employment, but if the league starts to make privacy claims in response to demands to release all emails, that could get really sticky for them if they either authorized the leak, or were negligent in protecting the emails. 

It was my understanding Gruden et all were using company email.   In most cases these are owned by the company;  I.e.  the employee has no right to privacy.

So only an idiot would use company email for such discussion.    Note that there can also be no right to privacy using social media;  E.g.   each year I have to sign a doc that says there can be consequences for what I post publicly on public industry websites.