Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name of a Movie

Gary WT

I want to know the name of an old movie, but this will be difficult because I remember clearly only one scene, and I am not sure about the star actor and actress. I believe that the star actor was Bing Crosby, but I do not know. I am fairly certain that the movie is NOT Here Comes The Groom. Anyway, here is the scene that I remember:

A woman awaits outside the airport for the arrival of a man who is her romantic interest. A male acquaintance of hers (NOT the star actor), who also wishes to meet the same man, sees her and, seeing how well she is attired, comments "Well aren't you all decorated like a Christmas Tree?" The woman smiles, fluffs the corsage that she wears on her left shoulder, and says "I don't know what you're talking about." She then goes on to mention that when the man arrives, there will be "... the greatest love scene since... Somebody met somebody."

Later, the plane arrives, but the man was not aboard, which stuns and insults the woman. Her friend then says "Well, he did say that there would be a surprise."

Resigned to this great disappointment, the woman removes her corsage and stuffs it into the chest pocket of her friend's jacket and leaves.

If someone can identify the name of this movie, I'd appreciate it. Thanks all!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings