Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greta Garbo life

steve123456

I have been trying to find out about the (actress) Greta Garbo last years of her life who I believe died in 1990.

I thought I read somewhere that she afraid of people and had a reclusive life at the end of her life.

If you could help me by sending me some articles and possible links about this that would  be great.  

The more the merrier.

Stephen Hosmer

stephenHosmer12@gmail.com

If I remember correctly, she only became a recluse in the last year of her life when her health started to fail. She spent summers in Europe and could be spotted around the East Side. Most people left her alone.

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2021 at 12:39 PM, lilypond said:

STEVE123456,   here's a link to an article on her from "Vanity Fair" that I remember as being so interesting.  It's by a friend of hers and producer, and chock full of stories,  "The Garbo Next Door":

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2010/04/the-garbo-next-door-200004

I had never heard about the possibility of her starring in The Trouble With Angels. I can't imagine Garbo was ever serious about doing this. She'd have been around 60 and wearing a nun's habit the  whole movie? NO WAY. Nor would anyone find her believable in the part! She was just stringing Frye along.......

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings