Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BURNT OFFERINGS (1976)

Allhallowsday

On 10/26/2021 at 5:09 PM, CinemaInternational said:

I do know though that when discussing the film in retrospect, Bette Davis called the film "Amateur Night in Dixie".......

Well, that covers a lot of territory--Was she referring to Burnt Offerings, or Jezebel?

On 10/21/2021 at 7:25 PM, LornaHansonForbes said:

I also have to wonder just what the hell it was that compelled Bette Davis to take this tawdry little supporting role in a haunted house film directed by a soap opera producer, working opposite two actors who by then had a pretty good reputation for being complete and utter maniacs...’?

I mean surely she wasn’t smelling Oscar number three when she read the script...

Bette Davis had a lot  of expenses (supporting relatives etc) her fee was  a minimum of $100000, $200000 for a bigger part or production. For 1976 it was a good payday for her.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, nakano said:

Bette Davis had a lot  of expenses (supporting relatives etc) her fee was  a minimum of $100000, $200000 for a bigger part or production. For 1976 it was a good payday for her.

DAYUM!

Now that I know she was making THAT kind of money for the part, BETTE’s agonizing death scene in BURNT OFFERINGS suddenly seems quietly dignified.

(She was probably envisioning  the kitchen remodel it was going to pay for)

On 10/27/2021 at 10:36 PM, nakano said:

Not to mention the  r e t a r d e d daughter who was kept in a special school..... Then there was B.D. and her family mooching off her for years........

Speaking of bad Bette Davis films, has anyone seen her last, Wicked Stepmother? TCM ran it a couple times recently and I watched it. REALLY BAD. Poor Bette looked so terrible. Better she had ended her career with Whales of August...... She's only in it for the first 10 mins or so (they turned her into Barbara Carerra after she walked off the production).