Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy belated birthdasy to Ashli Elizabeth Babbitt

Marysara1

BLM speaking point? Man, I don't know what you're talking about. Do I strike you as a follower of BLM?  This is my own opinion. I didn't form my impressions from someone's "talking points". I formed my opinion based upon the evidence at hand. You seem to assume quite a bit. Someone else happens to have the same opinion as I? That's no surprise, but I arrived at my conclusions independently. I think for myself.

And you're correct- I feel no need to explain or justify my opinions around here. It's just more fodder.

19 hours ago, unwatchable said:

Typos- yeah, focus on typos, punctuation, run-on sentences and paragraph breaks. That makes sense.

January 6th- that shouldn't have happened. It didn't benefit conservatives in this country, not one bit. They were angry. I understand this, but it shouldn't have happened, not the way it did.

I do hope, however, the truth comes out about the killing of this woman. This is something else which shouldn't have happened. She didn't need to be shot. The officer who shot her was in no danger. Go ahead and laugh at that. It doesn't matter. I've seen the video.

Sure, there's a lot of video footage of cops shooting people young and old(and mostly black) who posed no threat to them.   Why concentrate on just this one?

Sepiatone(who didn't see the video)

• Like 1

Everybody take a breath. When I started posting it was explained to me  that they felt under attack. I think that's what's happening between the parties their both on the defense because they feel threatened . I think there could be progress here if (I'm not taking sides) but  people are easier to talk to if they're not on the defense. I'm sure both sides are valid points. I'm talking about other thread to.  

12 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Why concentrate on just this one?

Am I required to make a list? Let's see- all police shootings for...what interval? A year? For all US history? Any specific departments, or all of them?

If you comment on one film, why just that one, and not all the others?

In case you hadn't noticed, we're in a thread which has the subject of the person in question. Am I supposed to bring unrelated incidents into this discussion?

Some of you guys, I just don't understand your thought processes.

16 hours ago, unwatchable said:

I said she didn't need to be killed.  You took it from from there.

It's just not possible to have an opinion in this section of the forum, unless it's the majority opinion.  Anyone who doesn't agree with the majority opinion is laughed at, discounted, or enrolled in a  game of twenty questions. There is simply no accepting any thoughts or opinions which do not agree with the gang.

Perhaps you should say that you do not wish anyone to discuss what you write in this discussion forum unless they are in complete agreement with everything you say.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, unwatchable said:

BLM speaking point? Man, I don't know what you're talking about.

A standard BLM talking point is that authorities use excess force when these authorities are not in any danger.    There have been many such claims where BLM has protested asking the DA or State Attorney to file charges for use of excess force because a cop shot an unarmed suspect and BLM claims the cop was in no danger.

You really have never heard of this?         As for why would I mention BLM in this thread:

It is rather simple:  Because in my view there was a lot of hypocrisy from many  on the left  related to the Floyd summer protests.    And I see similar hypocrisy from those on the right as to how the Jan 6th protesters were handled.    

All I was doing was asking if one generally agrees with BLM's take that cops not in any fear of danger use excessive force against violence non-armed subjects,  and if one believes that cop that shot Babbit,  was not in any danger and therefore it was unnecessary for him to fire his weapon and kill that woman.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

It is rather simple:  Because in my view there was a lot of hypocrisy from many  on the left  related to the Floyd summer protests.   

I keep forgetting about when the BLM protestors stormed the capitol, raised a gallows, chanted for the death of the VP, and trashed the offices of the Congress.

Oh, wait. That never happened. 

Hundreds of well-documented cases of police violence =/= unfounded conspiracies about election fraud. It was not an equivalent situation, no matter how much the right-wingers try to make it so.

Maybe the different circumstances explain the different reactions? Just a guess.

BTW, I hope you don't mind me disagreeing with you. There seems to be a lot of people getting upset when someone doesn't agree with them 100% around here. 😟

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I keep forgetting about when the BLM protestors stormed the capitol, raised a gallows, chanted for the death of the VP, and trashed the offices of the Congress.

Oh, wait. That never happened. 

Hundreds of well-documented cases of police violence =/= unfounded conspiracies about election fraud. It was not an equivalent situation, no matter how much the right-wingers try to make it so.

Maybe the different circumstances explain the different reactions? Just a guess.

BTW, I hope you don't mind me disagreeing with you. There seems to be a lot of people getting upset when someone doesn't agree with them 100% around here. 😟

I don't mind at all that you view the summer protest differently than I do;    What you're saying is that I made a false equivalency and I don't think I did.

Of course the reasons for the protests were vastly different but that wasn't what I was discussing.    I was discussing the reaction of the authorities towards the protesters and how the authorities handled protesters after that.        To me, many on both the left and right have inconsistent views in both of these areas.

E.g.  L.A.  DA dropping charges against BLM etc... protesters that clearly caused violence and property destruction.      Republicans that believe the Capital Police used excess force (when I believe they were way too passive,  but to be fair to them,  their leaders didn't call in back-up).

If one of your points is the hypocrisy has been greater on the right than the left,  I can agree with that,  but since I discussing this with someone that leans-right (at least),  I wanted to make this point about BLM\left to show that I wasn't clueless in that area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

It certainly does seem that way, and those people have been here so long, they seem to think this section of the forum is their personal property. As for me, all I want to do is to be able to post my opinions and observations without having to explain myself and without having a boatload of assumptions dumped on those opinions.

Now, if you think my unwillingness to explain myself to certain people here (since they don't really want to discuss anything. They just want something else to ridicule) equates to my "getting upset", so be it. I haven't asked anyone here to agree with me, nor have I pushed my POV on anyone else here.

It's funny- any push-back from me or anyone else who sees that there are certain people who dominate this section of the forum and that they are the ones who brook no disagreement, then it is we who are in the wrong.   Mind games. Nothing but mind games. I'm not interested in that stuff and I am not going to play those games, but I'll certainly point it out when I see it.

26 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I don't mind at all that you view the summer protest differently than I do;    What you saying is that I made a false equivalency and I don't think I did.

Of course the reasons for the protests were vastly different but that wasn't what I was discussion.    I was discussing the reaction of the authorities towards the protesters and how the authorities handled protesters after that.        To me, many on both the left and right have inconsistent views in both of these areas.

E.g.  L.A.  DA dropping charges against BLM etc... protesters that clearly caused violence and property destruction.      Republicans that believe the Capital Police used excess force (when I believe they were way too passive,  but to be fair to them,  their leaders didn't call in back-up).

If one of your points is the hypocrisy has been greater on the right than the left,  I can agree with that,  but since I discussing this with someone that leans-right (at least),  I wanted to make this point about BLM\left to show that I wasn't clueless in that area.

My point was that the reaction was harsher to the Jan 6 rioters due to their target. Much the same way cops react differently if a cop is shot or killed than if any other private citizen is. It can be argued whether or not this is justified - should reaction to smashing up a Rite Aid in Minneapolis be the same as smashing up the seat of the United States government? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, unwatchable said:

Typos- yeah, focus on typos, punctuation, run-on sentences and paragraph breaks. That makes sense.

Actually it does. It's anything but lucid when one writes like that. She is all over the place and all at once. Thank you for bringing it up again. How one comes across strongly influences how she will be received. She is advocating an unpopular opinion to begin with and it would behoove her well to write more clearly. She makes the laughable statement to the effect that it is not her spelling, it's her typing. She does say at one point right in in the middle of other thoughts that "Does anyone know about the spelling thing" or something like that. But doesn't she know how to spell birthday? Not backing up at correcting that in the thread title is indicative of the the jumbled mess to come.

January 6th- that shouldn't have happened. It didn't benefit conservatives in this country, not one bit. They were angry. I understand this, but it shouldn't have happened, not the way it did.

It shouldn't have happened at all. But it did. Thank you, Donny.

do hope, however, the truth comes out about the killing of this woman. This is something else which shouldn't have happened. She didn't need to be shot. The officer who shot her was in no danger. Go ahead and laugh at that. It doesn't matter. I've seen the video.

Then you saw how the door was being bashed by a mob. The door of the Capitol. A situation that has rightly been termed insurrection. The fact "The officer who shot her was in no danger" is ridiculous to say. How do you know? You saw the video but you weren't there. Do you not think you might be threatened with this crazed mob breaking down the door to get at YOU? At that point no one knew what would happen.  What she did was a wildly dangerous thing to do, banging down the door of the Capitol with police standing around with guns. She put herself in harm's way.

But I am not glad she was shot. It's simply simplistic to say that she should not have been shot. By any rule of engagement this was a virtual war zone and all the member of the mob made themselves as target. It is sad that she was shot and I am surprised that there were not more. She is a victim of her own actions and she is a victim for having this crazed idolatry of Donald Trump.

Speaking of whom. This cowardly, disgusting man set them on. I'm sure that Ashlie Elizabeth Babbitt would have not thought to ever go that far on her own (I'm guessing). Trump set them on and even promised to walk with them, I will be right at your side.. DID YOU SEE THAT VIDEO? Donald Trump is more responsible than the police officer. The latter was in the thick of it. he may have panicked himself, who knows? He may be a terrible person who liked to shoot people. But it all happened at the behest of Trump, this cowardly man who stood behind picking his nose or scratching his arse, or laughing out loud at these incredible fools who marched on the capitol.

I won't sing Happy Birthday (Oh, excuse me, happy birthdasy) but will an issue an RIP to Ms Babbitt. I truly wish that had not happened to her.

//

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

My point was that the reaction was harsher to the Jan 6 rioters due to their target. Much the same way cops react differently if a cop is shot or killed than if any other private citizen is. It can be argued whether or not this is just - should reaction to smashing up a Rite Aid in Minneapolis be the same as smashing up the seat of the United States government? 

Well according to the insurance industry the authorities needed to contain the property damage otherwise the industry will not provide insurance or there will be at assigned-risk level premiums. 

As for the reaction was harsher on Jan 6th:  was it really?     I don't think it was per-command by those in charge (and it is still up in the air who really was in charge,  if really anyone).    Some individual officers may have reacted harsher,   but for me  such reactions were situational due to those-in-charge not providing leadership.  

7 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Well according to the insurance industry the authorities needed to contain the property damage otherwise the industry will not provide insurance or there will be at assigned-risk level premiums. 

As for the reaction was harsher on Jan 6th:  was it really?     I don't think it was per-command by those in charge (and it is still up in the air who really was in charge,  if really anyone).    Some individual officers may have reacted harsher,   but for me  such reactions were situational due to those-in-charge not providing leadership.  

I think it is amazing how restrained the police were on January 6 given that many of them were getting the **** kicked out of them.  One of them died and another had a heart attack when he was being beaten by the mob.  It could have been a huuuuuuge bloodbath which Donny would have loved I'm sure.  He loves the fact that that young wacko girl got shot and died.  It gives him something to crow about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I was referring to the arrest and prosecution of the rioters. The right-wingers here and in the right-wing media have bemoaned the treatment of the Jan 6 participants as being harsher than what the 2020 rioters endured. My posts were attempting to explain why that reaction was stronger.

And I 100% agree that the capitol police showed incredible (questionable?) restraint in their treatment of the Jan. 6 rioters, especially in comparison to how most of the 2020 rioters were treated by LEO's. If that had been BLM protestors at the capitol, the bodies would have been stacked waist-deep.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Just think of off topics as being similar to a  progressive prison--we love to  beat up on new meat. 

And don't forget, BLM burned down cities.  🙃

As to your first point- it's refreshing to hear someone admit it.

As to your second point, this will not be acknowledged, except perhaps with the usual deflection of : TRUMP!  Somehow, some way, those riots, which caused millions upon millions of dollars in property damage, will be declared his fault. You heard me say January 6th shouldn't have happened. I can't imagine anyone on the left admitting the same about those shameful riots. They don't seem capable of it.

1 hour ago, unwatchable said:

As to your first point- it's refreshing to hear someone admit it.

As to your second point, this will not be acknowledged, except perhaps with the usual deflection of : TRUMP!  Somehow, some way, those riots, which caused millions upon millions of dollars in property damage, will be declared his fault. You heard me say January 6th shouldn't have happened. I can't imagine anyone on the left admitting the same about those shameful riots. They don't seem capable of it.

My second point was made facetiously. No  cities were burned down. Some  buildings in a small area of some cities  were  set on fire. That is a crime,

but to say cities were burned down is simply hyperbole. Most  of the 2020 protests were peaceful, but some weren't or devolved into rioting. I wouldn't

blame  Donny for that. There's enough  other stuff  to blame him for. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 10:57 AM, LawrenceA said:

Yeah, I saw a video of her smashing in the window of a locked door, then climbing through, all while being told by a LEO with a drawn sidearm to cease. She didn't. 

Actions met Consequences.

She's about as far from a hero or a sympathetic figure as one can get.

Damn Straight (Apologies) Buster.

Now we're wishing (Collateral *Kissing* Damage) Pimps a happy birthday i Suppose? ..

Ohh.!

..which reminds me... ..i'll be right back. Gotta Go Find Out when the Birthdays of such Bright, Sunny, Cheery, Moral, Upstanding and Inspirational Folk as Hitler, Lizzie, Vlad, and Good 'Ol Caligula Occur...

🤨🙄

3 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I was referring to the arrest and prosecution of the rioters. The right-wingers here and in the right-wing media have bemoaned the treatment of the Jan 6 participants as being harsher than what the 2020 rioters endured. My posts were attempting to explain why that reaction was stronger. 

I agree with this;   of course breaking into the capital with the goal of overturning a national election is a much more serious crime than property damage during a social justice protest.

But that being said,  those that did commit serious property damage during those social justice protest should still have been prosecuted and forced to pay restitution  (if conflicted).

6 hours ago, unwatchable said:

It certainly does seem that way, and those people have been here so long, they seem to think this section of the forum is their personal property. As for me, all I want to do is to be able to post my opinions and observations without having to explain myself and without having a boatload of assumptions dumped on those opinions.

Now, if you think my unwillingness to explain myself to certain people here (since they don't really want to discuss anything. They just want something else to ridicule) equates to my "getting upset", so be it. I haven't asked anyone here to agree with me, nor have I pushed my POV on anyone else here.

It's funny- any push-back from me or anyone else who sees that there are certain people who dominate this section of the forum and that they are the ones who brook no disagreement, then it is we who are in the wrong.   Mind games. Nothing but mind games. I'm not interested in that stuff and I am not going to play those games, but I'll certainly point it out when I see it.

Seriously, I don't know what you're complaining about. The folks here are a lot more reasonable in their resistance than others I can think of. Like the Trump Mob, duh? Qanon, duh? Or all those legions of Conservatives who hate the Liberals so much that they go insane and vote for someone like Trump, duh duh. You can't attempt reason with them, they don't like conversations. They are right and the other side is wrong and if you don't believe just hear how loud they are screaming and yelling, and attacking buildings, etc etc etc. They don't want to take a chance of discussing or investigating issues because they do instead the Boogy-Woogy Lock Step Dance because they don't want to inflame their Lords. Look what those that you so decry have had to put up with after four disgusting years with Fwumpie.

• Thanks 1

I don't expect anyone to say Happy Birthday. Alot of people are familiar with the story when Jesus said let the first without sin cast the first stone. There were several reports of different people that where against her being wished it .History sometimes forgives  insurgents. We were against England. The French Revolution, they beheaded the queen. People still want to go to Paris. Russia killed the czar. I'm not saying it's right what happened, but hate breeds  hate.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Marysara1 said:

I don't expect anyone to say Happy Birthday. Alot of people are familiar with the story when Jesus said let the first without sin cast the first stone. There were several reports of different people that where against her being wished it .History sometimes forgives  insurgents. We were against England. The French Revolution, they beheaded the queen. People still want to go to Paris. Russia killed the czar. I'm not saying it's right what happened, but hate breeds  hate.

What's next?  Happy birthday to the Parkland shooter?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I give up. Both sides are so far apart and each are convinced that if the other side has the power. They will have a target on their back. So of course both sides are scared. Well  with this global warming maybe God will be the judge sooner than we think and he can figure it out. I thin k it should be ignored.Trump loves to be in the spotlight. I f  the statement was ignored it would of went away sooner.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Marysara1 said:

I give up. Both sides are so far apart and each are convinced that if the other side has the power. They will have a target on their back. So of course both sides are scared. Well  with this global warming maybe God will be the judge sooner than we think and he can figure it out. I thin k it should be ignored.Trump loves to be in the spotlight. I f  the statement was ignored it would of went away sooner.

No offence Marysara1, but you seem to be making a controversial statement in a topic then follow it with "I'm not saying..."

It is bound to attract dissenting points of view.  That may be your wish.

• Like 1