Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What a judeo-christian parameter-less society can lead to

What a Judeo-Christian less society can lead  to.   Donald Trump, who refers to anything religious for his own gain, would have locked up Joseph and Mary before they found an inn, and before deporting them, would have yanked the newborn Jesus and locked him in a cage indefinitely.  Donald Trump was the Herod or Pharaoh of his day, and none of his followers who condoned his behavior should consider themselves as purveyors of the Judeo-Christian tradition,   We can think of them as Christians in Name Only!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How and Why Did Some Christians Defend Slavery?

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/how-and-why-did-some-christians-defend-slavery/

Judeo-Christians didn't create or lead to slavery, it was around long before the Jews or Christians came along. Slavery was the product of it's time and varied throughout the world 

Abolishing it from much of the world  took centuries. Past cultures / societies who couldn't  fathom / comprehend our modern way of thinking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_abolition_of_slavery_and_serfdom

Well I know what happens when christians elect an a-hole like Trump;    We get comments like this about someone that just died:

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media," Trump said in a statement released Tuesday morning. "Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!"

Also,  in that last few years what Republican has attacked other Republicans more than Trump?   NONE!

• Like 1

Ephesians 6:9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

Colossians 4:1 Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.

Exodus 21:26-27 “An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye. And an owner who knocks out the tooth of a male or female slave must let the slave go free to compensate for the tooth.

Exodus 21:20 “If a man beats his male or female slave with a club and the slave dies as a result, the owner must be punished.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

Ephesians 6:9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

Colossians 4:1 Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.

Exodus 21:26-27 “An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye. And an owner who knocks out the tooth of a male or female slave must let the slave go free to compensate for the tooth.

Exodus 21:20 “If a man beats his male or female slave with a club and the slave dies as a result, the owner must be punished.

Goes to show how pre civil war slaveholders cherry pick other Bible passages to justify the practice of slavery.  As if they ever adhere to THOSE passages quoted.  Imagine how many slaves would had been freed and owners wound up in prison for mistreatment.

E

9 hours ago, hamradio said:

First off slavery is wrong. Freedom isn't enough. Just like in  Sounder the father was in prison longer than his sentence,.He was only let out because of a injury. Some sort of compensation is needed.Freedom should be a right you shouldn't have to lose a eye or tooth for it.

2 hours ago, Marysara1 said:

E

First off slavery is wrong. Freedom isn't enough. Just like in  Sounder the father was in prison longer than his sentence, He was only let out because of a injury. Some sort of compensation is needed.Freedom should be a right you shouldn't have to lose a eye or tooth for it.

I didn't quote that only replied, of course slavery is wrong.  You should time travel back to ancient times and strongly tell them that (and see where it lands you). 

I didn't mean to insult you. There's 2 similar thread . I don't know how to say it mocking.  I wasn't sure which one this was. One seems to be anti-republican  accusing Rupublicans of being fake religious using the bible erroneously. Neither party should be about labels. I'm not saying that there aren't racists in either party but to label a whole party  racist is  ridiculous and insulting.

15 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Yeh, they'll probably take his club away, poor baby.

• Sad 1
15 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

eeeeewwwww-WEEEEE! somebody sure flogged the crap outta him.

gordon-s-scourged-back.jpg

From someone who loves to throw out quotations from the Bible. Wonderful to see that great Christian empathy.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, TomJH said:

From someone who loves to throw out quotations from the Bible. Great to see that Christian sympathy.

His exclamation reminded me of someone reacting to a hog being wrangled and abused.  Not surprising at all.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

His exclamation reminded me of someone reacting to a hog being wrangled and abused.  Not surprising at all.

That's right.  His comment makes it abundantly obvious that he received pleasure from the image.

I constantly see this same meanness and insensitivity coming from this poster. He often tries to cloak it with "humour."

• Thanks 1