Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classless Trump derides Colin Powell in death: ‘Anyway, may he rest in peace’

cigarjoe

Former President Trump Tuesday derided Gen. Colin Powell in death as a turncoat who “made plenty of mistakes.”

Breaking with a near-unanimous chorus of praise for the trailblazing soldier and diplomat, Trump slammed Powell on Tuesday as a “classic RINO,” or Republican in name only, “if even that.”

Read all about the latest from that sorry sack of sheet here

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Colin Powell was a moderate Republican and didn't strictly adhere to absolute loyalty to any one party.

Colin Powell had no loyalty to a political party, to the fury of some Republicans

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/colin-powell-no-loyalty-political-party-fury-republicans-rcna3353

But he sure caved. But they probably threatened his family.

2 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Former President Trump Tuesday derided Gen. Colin Powell in death as a turncoat who “made plenty of mistakes.”

Breaking with a near-unanimous chorus of praise for the trailblazing soldier and diplomat, Trump slammed Powell on Tuesday as a “classic RINO,” or Republican in name only, “if even that.”

Powell ruined his reputation for the Republicans. What more do they want from him. Trump is so STUPID.

I appreciate the link there, but no thanks. I, for one at least, don't need to read it. I already know what a sheet head he is.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ElCid said:

What I find amusing is that hard core "Republicans" and conservatives accept Trump as NOT a RINO when he is the biggest RINO in the party (and not just girth-wise).

Girth and Mirth would be a good crossword clue.

Anybody guess it?

Five letters, with a y in there somewhere

Takers?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ElCid said:

What I find amusing is that hard core "Republicans" and conservatives accept Trump as NOT a RINO when he is the biggest RINO in the party (and not just girth-wise).

Also the one that criticizes fellow Republicans more than any other Republican is Trump.     Look at what Trump said about Mitch when he made a deal on the debt celling to delay it until December.     Mitch a RINO?   

Of course then there is Liz Cheney:   I assume Nipkow now labels her a RINO but a review of her voting records clearly shows she is anything but. 

The bottom line here is clear:   In Trump's world (as well as Nipkow's),   a RINO is someone that isn't 100% for Trump.    It has NOTHING to do with their stance on policy issues. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

It was a self-effacing reference to myself.

Nevermind, disregard, etc.

I suspected that but didn't want to say. You have done this sort of thing before. Maybe as jokes. Those were not self-effacing traits anyway. Girth is much to commonplace to be considered truly self-effacing. I am quite girthy  myself. And I am a bit mirthy too, but I wouldn't go so far as to say jolly. I am no Andy (since we are doing first names).

19 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Disgusting, but not surprising.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1