Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my supper tonite

NipkowDisc

• NipkowDisc changed the title to my supper tonite 10-22-21

It would be nice if you would change your diet once in awhile. I mean it's same ole, same ole.

You might start with some healthy food for a change.

For instance, have you ever boiled a fresh vegetable.

Your body will thank you for it.

It's used to just saying, "Oh no , not again."

Well, good thing you put a date on this, in case, you know, we might want to look it up.

:lol:

• NipkowDisc changed the title to my supper tonite

:yawn:

Actually, I should talk. I had a Alfredo Chicken Pasta salad from 7-11. They didn't put the sauce in a container where you can dish out yourself. It was combined with the food and they put so much sauce in it that I couldn't even finish it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, laffite said:

:yawn:

Actually, I should talk. I had a Alfredo Chicken Pasta salad from 7-11. They didn't put the sauce in a container where you can dish out yourself. It was combined with the food and they put so much sauce in it that I couldn't even finish it.

I love pasta.

:)

What I'd suggest is that you learn to cook.  You'd be surprised at how much money you'd save by purchasing raw food and preparing it yourself  compared to the cost of frozen prepared dinners( and how much better it tastes).  

The only frozen foods I eat are----

Frozen vegetables.  Not "pre-cooked"  or such

Meats that have to be frozen to preserve them.  like boneless/skinless chicken breasts and boneless pork loin chops.  Ground beef/turkey.   Pierogi.  Toaster waffles( I make myself on an old waffle maker  I found at a thrift shop.  Makes huge waffles that can be divided into four toaster sized squares.)

And frozen garlic Texas toast I heat in a toaster oven and have with the spaghetti I make with a sauce(made from scratch) that has ground turkey(less fat than beef).  

And yesterday I just made five or six cups of corn flake crumbs I ground up to use as coating for baked chicken breasts or boneless pork loin chops.   Instead of bread crumbs.   Of course, to save $$  I use the "store brand" corn flakes.  ;) 

This morning I had two scrambled eggs with turkey sausage patties and an English muffin with lekvar(prune butter) spread on each half.  Yum!  :) 

Sepiatone

On 10/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, NipkowDisc said:

a stouffers lean cuisine meatloaf and mashed potatoes TV dinner with iced tea...

later on as a late nite snack some Reese's peanut butter cups.

eat well because Trump wants everyone in his unstoppable juggernaut well-fed.

Tell you one thing for certain, I'm NEVER eating another Stouffer's Meat Loaf ever again....it was anything but!

Just ordinary beef patties in gravy! :angry:stouffers-wpxoxjxwhrbhmbvcwlpm.png.webp?

Does anybody sell the meatloaf my mom use to make??

And you don't use lean beef either!

ZICefYNzZUou6KJQX-COhJwtQ24YByC9i0wSqMA2

When I'm rushed, or not in the mood to cook, I like a Trader Joe's microwaveable meal once in a while. They tend to contain too much sodium, but they're alright in a pinch. I particularly like this new one at the moment, and I'm certainly not a vegan! But this is good:

b7k3achktqcgjfmb9mkz.jpg

14 hours ago, hamradio said:

Tell you one thing for certain, I'm NEVER eating another Stouffer's Meat Loaf ever again....it was anything but!

Just ordinary beef patties in gravy! :angry:stouffers-wpxoxjxwhrbhmbvcwlpm.png.webp?

Does anybody sell the meatloaf my mom use to make??

And you don't use lean beef either!

ZICefYNzZUou6KJQX-COhJwtQ24YByC9i0wSqMA2

I make the meatloaf my mom used to make. 

Now if only I could bake those apple pies.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Marysara1 said:

Trump's everywhere. I thought I'd be safe from him at least here. I don't think anybody here should wish him real harm(like death) because without him what would be to talk about. Just like reality T.V. It's like a train wreck but you can't look away. 

Trump is not everywhere. He is not in the White House. And for that, I, for one, am eternally grateful.

Oh, you mean he get mentioned a lot. Well, It just so happens that you have stumbled here on a thread created by one of donny's most infamous acolytes. You have been warned.

15 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

prune butter?...

:o

Yep.  Good stuff, and good for ya!  ;)

At least better for ya than rebaked frozen meatloaf of a no doubt indeterminable age.  :blink:

Meant mostly as a pastry filling, me and my brother used to spread it on toast as kids( I still do, as mentioned)  and due to watching all those old "classic" movies on TV back then, we'd spread some on crackers, pretending it was that CAVIAR rich people in the movies always scarfed down.  ;) 

You can also find apricot lekvar, plum and peach if you look hard enough.    And by the way....

NOBODY (frozen food companies at least) make the meatloaf my Mom made(my Grandmother's recipe) and I make too.

Instead of mixing ground beef with ordinary ground pork, we three used instead the ground insides of a large link of fresh kielbasa.   It can be interchangeable with Italian sausage, or Hungarian kolbasz .   As long as they aren't the smoked variety.   What to use as a filler is maker's choice.  Some use bread crumbs, some cracker crumbs, others use corn flake crumbs.  We use rolled oats.  

Sepiatone

I  would starve at Nip's house. When  I was a kid my mom always tried to convince me that meatloaf was the same as hamburger.

Like hell it is. I  haven't  had meatloaf in thirty years. Had a big plate of spaghetti over the  weekend and  then went to Bojangles

for  some biscuits as  a snack. Ordered  five but got six. They now close  early due to lack of employees. Since it was  close  to

closing time maybe they just wanted  to get rid of extras.  There  is such a thing as a 1/6 free meal in America. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Marysara1 said:

At least it isn't as bad as cube steak. 

I  don't know. If I recall correctly, cube steak  tasted better but it was liable to have those strings of gristle  in it. I rarely eat

meat anymore. It's not for political or health reasons, it's just that meat is  a pain in the neck to fix. I get a plain burger from

a fast food  joint once in a while, but that's  about it.