Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm A BIG Mickey Rooney Fan & although i've been a fan of TCM

4 many years now. i also try & collect His Movies but like a LOT of films of MANY actors & actress's they are Virtually Unseen 2 day EVEN the bad ones at that. my ? is anyone at TCM working on adding any NEW Mickey Rooney Movies 2 your libary? weather it's some of his silents i know some of Mickey Mcguire are STILL in print & exist cuz they did a VHS box set back in 1999 i think it was? THAT is hard 2 find as well. cuz i haven't seen any NEW movies 2 your libary well that i haven't seen since your Mickey Rooney Tribute back in 2002 i think it was? anywys one i do want 2 see is Plantinum High School Circa (1960) & many more of course but that would be 2 long a list 2 put down. think that's a MGM movie or maybe Universal? i'm NOT totally sure on that though? anywys thanks 4 your help.

I am a big Mickey Rooney fan as well. I was 15 when I went to see Mickey and Ann Miller in Sugar Babies, they were so entertaining!

I do not know if you live or will be in the New York area, but Mickey and his wife will be putting on review "Let's Put On A Show" at the Irish Repertory Theater on 22 street for 5 weeks. I already bought my ticket for the first week.

Unfortually i won't be around IN NEW York around that time. i live in stinky lousy OHIO! & i know The Mick has been in clevenland b4 oh even closer 2 where i live Amherst but i NEVER can seem 2 find anyone 2 go width me. simply cuz most peeps 2 day have simply NEVER heard of him! U are lucky though 2 have got 2 see him in Sugar Babies! i think the # is something like #95 or something like that of the amount of movies i've seen of his. how about U?

By all means the versatile Mickey Rooney is A-number-one in my book. Entertaining sice he was a wee kid he has done it all in all aspects of show business winning many awards for his efforts. It is just amazing that little Mr. Dynamite is still at it into his 80's.

We love ya Mickey!

Mongo

I saw Rooney & Miller in SUGAR BABIES as well and they were both just GREAT!!!

A couple of pros who knew they were there for us and that we were there for them!

The only performance of The Mick's I don't like is in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S - but there you are!

He is still tops in my book, and I am so glad he is still around!

I was first introduced to Mickey Rooney when he was in BILL with Dennis Quaid. It was such a beautiful show a masterpiece it was sponsered by General Electric I believe. We saw it on PBS I was between 10 and 15 years old then. He can do it all and it's nice that the Academy Awards has given him an honorary Oscar while he is still alive. His accepting of it is on my tape of Oscar Moments from 1970-1990. He was very gracious.

GWTW - I sgree - seeing Mickey Rooney get his Oscar was a great moment. It is always interesting to see someone with real talent and history in movies standing up in front of the "one picture wonders" and showing them how it should be done.

I love those "Great Moments" tapes - especially to see the "big" stars that have disappeared after only a few years....

I 1st got introduced with Mickey Rooney well on 2 occasions actaually the 1st being the movie "The Black Stallion" circa (1979) & i THAN become a BIG fan of his when he did the show of "The Black Stallion" circa (1990-?) sorry habit. hehe but yea some of his movies I DO have that ARE HARD 2 FIND ARE "PULP" Circa (1972) "The Atomic Kid" Circa (1954), i got "THE CLASSIC "BOYS TOWN" circa (1938) which some sources say it's on DVD but no place i see carries it! i also got "The Empereror of Peru". circa (1981) a BAD MOVIE! "Find The Lady" circa (1976) & that's just 2 start width. that last one waz ALSO a turkey. IF i'm rambling on i'm sorry about that. his movies are a **** 2 find though that's the ONLY problem width being a fan of his!