Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nanette Fabray.

Aritosthenes

Were She, Still With Us In Person; This Vivacious Songbird would be One Hundred and One. Born Oct 27, 1920. San Diego California. Happy Birthday Madam. You Lovely Corny Spunky Artist. May You Still Be Lighting Up Rooms and People with that One-of-aKind Unique Smile, Twinkly Wit, and Lovely Voice of Yours Madam.

• Like 5

I worked with Nanette once and had a couple of nice phone calls with her, when our project was completed. Lovely, talented woman!

Here's a clip of Nanette on the Ed Sullivan show, singing two songs from her rich Broadway career. These two songs are from Love Life and High Button Shoes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I worked with Nanette once and had a couple of nice phone calls with her, when our project was completed. Lovely, talented woman!

Here's a clip of Nanette on the Ed Sullivan show, singing two songs from her rich Broadway career. These two songs are from Love Life and High Button Shoes.

Swith--

She was a terrific addition to the Minnelli/Astaire  musical, "The Band Wagon". I wish she could have done more of their musicals.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Swithin said:

(And) I Am IMMEDIATELY Jealous in the Most Amicable and Professional of Ways.

If memory serves (save for conducting some research upon this), Madam Fabray "had".. a(n Unfortunately) rather Nasty and Sucky (Apologies) Accident Occur.. ... .im wanting to say in .. the seventies perhaps ?..                                         If Indeed this, Sounds Familiar, did You Know Madam Fabray During.. this particular time period ?

*Your Post of This Clip (Thank You🍻🥂) subsequently reminds me of Her LOVELY (& Rather Hysterical) Guest Appearance on WML

9 hours ago, laffite said:

Alas, I didn't follow her in her later career, my memory is of sweet Mary Stone, no frills beauty, just down-to-earth sweet and sober pretty looks. In other words, about the prettiest girl that ever graced my eyes. And all of this was taking place in real time, whatever the night of the week it was, I was there. The only line she uttered on the program that I can remember now was, "I have about as much sex appeal as a wet mop." To think of her nearly makes me weep.

You are confusing Nanette with her neice Shelly.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If you've ever seen any of the old Sid Caesar shows from the 1950s (Caesar's Hour), Nanette was his comedic partner.  I thought she was a good as  his first partner Imogene Coca who was on Caesar's "Your Show of Shows."  She was sensational as the "play's" co-writer Lily Marton (along with Oscar Levant) in "The Band Wagon," one of MGM's best musicals of the golden age.  And later, she played Katherine Romano, the mother of lead character Ann Romano on the TV series "One Day at a Time."  She also played the mother of niece Shelley's character on "Coach."

26 minutes ago, filmnoirguy said:

If you've ever seen any of the old Sid Caesar shows from the 1950s (Caesar's Hour), Nanette was his comedic partner.  I thought she was a good as  his first partner Imogene Coca who was on Caesar's "Your Show of Shows."  She was sensational as the "play's" co-writer Lily Marton (along with Oscar Levant) in "The Band Wagon," one of MGM's best musicals of the golden age.  And later, she played Katherine Romano, the mother of lead character Ann Romano on the TV series "One Day at a Time."  She also played the mother of niece Shelley's character on "Coach."

And Mary Richards' mother on Mary Tyler Moore

12 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

(And) I Am IMMEDIATELY Jealous in the Most Amicable and Professional of Ways.

If memory serves (save for conducting some research upon this), Madam Fabray "had".. a(n Unfortunately) rather Nasty and Sucky (Apologies) Accident Occur.. ... .im wanting to say in .. the seventies perhaps ?..                                         If Indeed this, Sounds Familiar, did You Know Madam Fabray During.. this particular time period ?

*Your Post of This Clip (Thank You🍻🥂) subsequently reminds me of Her LOVELY (& Rather Hysterical) Guest Appearance on WML

No, not the 70s. I worked with Nanette much later.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings