Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Early Voting Turnout Is Soaring in Virginia Governor’s Race

MovieMadness

You’re probably tired of seeing endless campaign commercials for gubernatorial candidates Terry McAuliffe and Glen Youngkin whenever you turn on your TV, but they’re not for naught: early voting has increased more than 250 percent in Virginia compared with where it was four years ago.

The Virginia Public Access Project keeps data on the number of people voting by mail and in-person, which can also be broken down by congressional district. VPAP reported as of Tuesday, October 25, nearly 725,000 people have voted early, compared with only 195,634 total in 2017. Opinion polls show the hotly contested gubernatorial election is essentially tied.

District 10, which includes Loudoun County, has the highest turnout with about 102,000 residents voting early. Districts 7, 8, and 1 follow, each with more than 90,000 people turning out to cast their ballots ahead of next week’s election. District 9 has the lowest turnout so far with 50,000 early ballots counted.

Of the districts with the highest turnouts, 10 and 8 have a history of voting Democratic, while district 1 is more Republican, though not by much, according to the Cook Political Report. District 7 was very even in the 2020 presidential election, only going to Biden by 1 percent, but Cook’s partisan voter index has the district coded as performing slightly more Republican for 2021.

Democrats are already stealing the next election through early voting, this is what happened during the presidential election. Trump was ahead and overnight they brought in all the "absentee ballots".

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, mr6666 said:

The anti-Critical Race Theory (a GOPer made up issue) has had huge influence of Dem governor's losing points in this race.  Once again the GOPers have found a way to turn racism to their advantage.  Expect to see it used in all blue and purple states in 2022, as well as some red ones.

Be interesting to see how the GOPers use this tactic in the GA senatorial races where it appears both parties will have blacks running for US Senate - Hershel Walker vs. Raphael Warnock.  Of course the main tactic of GOPers there is to divide the black vote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I actually live in Virginia and I voted GOP up and down the ticket. We'll see if it does any good. Virginia is changing so much from red to blue primarily because of DC residents moving to places like Loudoun for bigger houses and more land. Plus they just can't figure out why DC is such an expensive cesspool. And then they move to Virginia and vote the way they did in DC and wonder why THAT place turns into a cesspool and move on. To let you know how much Loudoun county has changed, most of the county had Richard Black for a House of Delegates rep or state senator for years. The guy was so goofy right he used to hand out key chains with plastic fetuses on them. It shifted from that to a place where parents must be silenced if they dare contradict the fundamentalist religion of the left. What the Loudoun county leftist loons don't get is that it is not that people are saying that trans people are predators, but that actual predators will use trans friendly school policies to get girls in a vulnerable position and attack. If people want to put themselves in vulnerable positions and deal with what may come, that is one thing. It is another thing to subject innocent children to idealist policies that don't account for dishonest predators.

Virginia may very well wind up with Terry the Terror as governor AGAIN. But I can't say he is a slicky boy. He inserts his foot in his mouth on a regular basis and says what he really feels usually looking imperious and alienating people in the process. He really should have remained a bagman for well moneyed DNC donors. He seemed to excel at it. May the laughter emojis begin. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

Virginia may very well wind up with Terry the Terror as governor AGAIN. But I can't say he is a slicky boy. He inserts his foot in his mouth on a regular basis and says what he really feels usually looking imperious and alienating people in the process. He really should have remained a bagman for well moneyed DNC donors. He seemed to excel at it. May the laughter emojis begin. 

McAuliffe earns four Pinnochios from Washington Post for inflating Virginia's coronavirus numbers (msn.com)

8 hours ago, ElCid said:

The anti-Critical Race Theory (a GOPer made up issue) has had huge influence of Dem governor's losing points in this race.  Once again the GOPers have found a way to turn racism to their advantage.  Expect to see it used in all blue and purple states in 2022, as well as some red ones.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/legal-firm-files-request-for-ag-garland-to-face-conflict-of-interest-investigation-over-son-in-law-s-business/ar-AAQ6Jjr?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U5

• Confused 1

It seems to me a lot of Democrats are very scared these days. You can hear it in their rhetoric, which is suddenly even more over the top than usual. Looking at the travesties being exposed in Loudoun county, and watching the fumbling old dementia patient in the White House, I'd say they have good reason to be so fearful.  Since their BS is going to get worse as we go along, and even more people are going to get fed up with them, I'd estimate the midterm elections are going to put some of them in a coma. 😁

Thankfully, though, we have the "moderate" (😛) AG Merrick Garland helping to silence those "terrorists" who say they only want what's best for their children. I mean, the nerve of those mothers and fathers! Who do they think they are, anyway? Everyone knows that the state knows what's best for your children...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/27/2021 at 2:57 PM, MovieMadness said:

You’re probably tired of seeing endless campaign commercials for gubernatorial candidates Terry McAuliffe and Glen Youngkin whenever you turn on your TV, but they’re not for naught: early voting has increased more than 250 percent in Virginia compared with where it was four years ago.

The Virginia Public Access Project keeps data on the number of people voting by mail and in-person, which can also be broken down by congressional district. VPAP reported as of Tuesday, October 25, nearly 725,000 people have voted early, compared with only 195,634 total in 2017. Opinion polls show the hotly contested gubernatorial election is essentially tied.

District 10, which includes Loudoun County, has the highest turnout with about 102,000 residents voting early. Districts 7, 8, and 1 follow, each with more than 90,000 people turning out to cast their ballots ahead of next week’s election. District 9 has the lowest turnout so far with 50,000 early ballots counted.

Of the districts with the highest turnouts, 10 and 8 have a history of voting Democratic, while district 1 is more Republican, though not by much, according to the Cook Political Report. District 7 was very even in the 2020 presidential election, only going to Biden by 1 percent, but Cook’s partisan voter index has the district coded as performing slightly more Republican for 2021.

Democrats are already stealing the next election through early voting, this is what happened during the presidential election. Trump was ahead and overnight they brought in all the "absentee ballots".

Sounds like Donald Trump’s 2020 playbook.  Cry foul ahead of the election, knowing you may lose, and blame the election will be/was stolen.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is always  wise to be  a little scared  of the rank stupidity  of  Americans, though it  is often less harmful than  it at  

first appears. Personally  I find the United  States  of  Idiots to be  one  of the most entertaining  places around. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Arturo said:

The Critical Race Theory is not a “thing” in Virginia’s School currícula.  But Southern GOP racists will use any lies to get the racist white vote!!

People keep saying that critical race theory is a college level subject, and it is if you want to explore it in detail. But theology is a college level subject too. Seminary students study the original Greek text, not 10 year old Sunday school students. So if you ask the teacher of 10 year old Sunday school students - Is theology being taught here?  He/she could say with authority - No theology is a college level subject. But they are probably learning  the gist of the Bible through Bible stories at a level a ten year old can grasp. And I would say the same is going on with critical race theory in some of the public schools and "That is a college level subject" is the standard true but evasive answer if you don't want to be found out. 

• Confused 1

Stupid Americans? I must agree with you, Vautrin. Yes, anyone who knows American history and the current state of our culture, knows that Democrat Lyndon Johnson and his so-called "Great Society" has created over the last almost sixty years, an ignorant, resentful, entitled underclass, where single mothers are paid to crank out babies as fast as as their bodies will permit, and where people are born into the welfare system perpetuated by the Democrats, and whose heirs find no incentive to break free from this form of slavery. So, they remain in it their entire lives and now we have generations of people who resent the government and country they depend on. Self-sufficiency is a foreign concept to them. They feel no need to rise above their circumstances, feel no need to work for a living, feel no need to learn anything except how to go through life with a huge chip on their shoulder.

Stupid, indeed

Then again, human stupidity is universal, and I wonder- if we were to have a roll call of all those who constantly deride the United States on the pages of this forum- what we might be able to say about their homeland; the failings of those governments,  and the unattractive tendencies of their people?  We could examine their systems of government, and enumerate their failings. I've no doubt this list would be impressively long, with inestimable  human suffering in the mix. Perhaps, as a bonus, we could count the number of times the stupid Americans have come to their rescue in the last century or so. This brings to mind yet another universal human failing: ingratitude.

It takes no kind of marksman to hit the biggest target on the field. But then, of course, the biggest target is the easiest to see for the short-sighted, and the world is awash in such people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

There was  an American underclass long before LBJ came  along. Whether they  were resentful, entitled, etc.  I don't know.

The Great Society  included  Medicare and Medicaid  and also Johnson's civil rights  bills, so it was  more of  a positive

than a negative. I doubt there are any numbers  that prove single mothers  were "cranking out" babies due to Johnson's

programs.  Johnson's  error was in thinking that the effects of 300+ years of  second-class citizenship and much  worse could

be remedied in a few decades. Doesn't work that way.  And hey, you forgot to  include welfare mothers  and  their fleet of

purple Caddies. Tsk.  Tsk.

Stupidity knows no national  boundaries, but it's especially fun to note the idiocy of  Americans who spend  so much  time patting

themselves on  the back for  their "exceptionalism," their  strange belief that they are somehow better  than other peoples. It's

pretty  obvious this is  a laughable conceit and that they  ain't better than anybody.  Trump didn't invent American stupidity, he

just  brought it out into  the open and  mainstreamed it, for  which I thank him wholeheartedly. 

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, unwatchable said:

Stupid Americans? I must agree with you, Vautrin. Yes, anyone who knows American history and the current state of our culture, knows that Democrat Lyndon Johnson and his so-called "Great Society" has created over the last almost sixty years, an ignorant, resentful, entitled underclass, where single mothers are paid to crank out babies as fast as as their bodies will permit, and where people are born into the welfare system perpetuated by the Democrats, and whose heirs find no incentive to break free from this form of slavery. So, they remain in it their entire lives and now we have generations of people who resent the government and country they depend on. Self-sufficiency is a foreign concept to them. They feel no need to rise above their circumstances, feel no need to work for a living, feel no need to learn anything except how to go through life with a huge chip on their shoulder.

Stupid, indeed

Then again, human stupidity is universal, and I wonder- if we were to have a roll call of all those who constantly deride the United States on the pages of this forum- what we might be able to say about their homeland; the failings of those governments,  and the unattractive tendencies of their people?  We could examine their systems of government, and enumerate their failings. I've no doubt this list would be impressively long, with inestimable  human suffering in the mix. Perhaps, as a bonus, we could count the number of times the stupid Americans have come to their rescue in the last century or so. This brings to mind yet another universal human failing: ingratitude.

It takes no kind of marksman to hit the biggest target on the field. But then, of course, the biggest target is the easiest to see for the short-sighted, and the world is awash in such people.

I thought you were going to quit posting on Off Topics?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

People keep saying that critical race theory is a college level subject, and it is if you want to explore it in detail. But theology is a college level subject too. Seminary students study the original Greek text, not 10 year old Sunday school students. So if you ask the teacher of 10 year old Sunday school students - Is theology being taught here?  He/she could say with authority - No theology is a college level subject. But they are probably learning  the gist of the Bible through Bible stories at a level a ten year old can grasp. And I would say the same is going on with critical race theory in some of the public schools and "That is a college level subject" is the standard true but evasive answer if you don't want to be found out. 

Where is critical race theory being taught in the public schools?

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2021 at 2:55 PM, Arturo said:

Sounds like Donald Trump’s 2020 playbook.  Cry foul ahead of the election, knowing you may lose, and blame the election will be/was stolen.  

Some people on this site would say any election was stolen from the GOPers where they did not win.  Trump voted absentee so I guess he stole the election from himself.

Some people of this site are adamantly opposed to Democracy

• Thanks 1

Of course you're correct, Vautrin. The United States is nothing special. They only have the world's highest GDP. They're only a nuclear superpower. They only pulled Europe's fat out of the fire twice in the last century,. They only defeated the Empire of Japan and unlike many nations who have defeated a hated enemy, the US was benevolent to Japan and allowed them to prosper.  This counts for nothing, of course.  And, of course,  there's no reason at all for the world to be beating down our door to come to the United States. Clearly, this is a random choice by all those people trying everything they can to get in here. Man, oh, man. 🤨 You'll find reason to discount all these things, I've no doubt.

I do hope, for your sake- and I say this sincerely- that you are not an American, Vautrin. I feel sorry for anyone who is ashamed of their own country.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1