Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Halloween Everybody

David Guercio

I gave up Halloween early on as a kid--Costumes weren't as good back then, and I just wasn't into candy.

As an adult, I can appreciate parties and annual horror-movie binges, but there's an age where you just realize "Look, I've got money, I can BUY my own entire bag of Reese's Cups on the 30th."

• Haha 2

Not Halloween related but  is perfect for the holiday....."Afraid of The Dark" (2010) 

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/afraid-of-the-dark/

Haven't seen it for quite a while on The History Channel.  Got lucky last year to have converted and downloaded the mp4 documentary before Youtube took it down.

4 screenshots

vlcsnap-2021-10-31-14h05m38s687.png

vlcsnap-2021-10-31-14h24m14s421.png

vlcsnap-2021-10-31-14h28m15s640.png

Dr Constantin Stonici the only known living descendent of Vlad the Impaler.

vlcsnap-2021-10-31-14h07m35s656.png

Happy Halloween

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ElCid said:

For second time (both COVID) in over 30 years, we are not observing Halloween.  Far too many unvaccinated adults and children come to our neighborhood.  Maybe next year.

I am just leaving little goodie bags of candy on my front porch with a sign that says "take one!" I did the same last year, too. That way kids still get some fun, and I don't have to interact with anyone. Win-win! 😁

• Like 3

4 hours ago, _Broadway_ said:

I am just leaving little goodie bags of candy on my front porch with a sign that says "take one!" I did the same last year, too. That way kids still get some fun, and I don't have to interact with anyone. Win-win! 😁

To make it a bigger win, put out an empty bowl with a 'take one' sign. Everybody will assume some greedy kid took them all.

9HhuHeU.jpg

B9ktZ52.jpg

ySrMKmo.jpg

eDerBIa.jpg

Pi1FxhL.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Capuchin said:

To make it a bigger win, put out an empty bowl with a 'take one' sign. Everybody will assume some greedy kid took them all.

Haha. Well, funny thing you mentioning that.....because at around 9pm, I saw I had about 7 bags of goodies left and contemplated taking them in, but I decided to give it a few more minutes for last-minute trick-or-treaters. I took a few minutes to take a quick shower, and when I was done I looked and ALL the bags were gone. I highly doubt it was a group of kids that came and took them all this late, and in the 15 minutes I was not near the door. 😕 It was probably some teenager or something.

Oh well, I hope whoever took them all likes stickers and spider rings. 🙃

17 hours ago, _Broadway_ said:

A few years back, when crowds were smaller, neighbor across the street tried that.  Lasted about 30 minutes and all gone.

I haven't had trick or  treaters  in years, but I  still keep the  porch light on for an hour or  so, just  like Norman kept the

motel sign on.  I did  buy  some candy  and  now I guess I'll have  to  eat it all up.  Darn.

• Haha 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings