Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Virginia gubernatorial election

cigarjoe

24 minutes ago, Marysara1 said:

It was that Kelly Loeffler's fault. There were two republicans and one democrat in the race. I think because of the stock market thing. Kelly had to much baggage.But for some reason, for decades the public seemed to want a balance of power.

Not correct at all.  Kelly Loeffler was only one of TWO Republicans running.  Also, there were TWO Democrats as there were races for both US Senate seats in GA.

"But for some reason, for decades the public seemed to want a balance of power."  I don't understand what this means.  For decades, Georgia has been a Republican state.  Up until 2020, the people of Georgia who voted wanted Republicans, as is demonstrated by their state legislature, state-wide office holders and US Congressional delegation until 2020.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ElCid said:

"But for some reason, for decades the public seemed to want a balance of power."  I don't understand what this means.  For decades, Georgia has been a Republican state.  Up until 2020, the people of Georgia who voted wanted Republicans, as is demonstrated by their state legislature, state-wide office holders and US Congressional delegation until 2020.

After an elecion for President. Which ever party he's for.  The other side usually  get more seats in legislative branch,in the next election.

On 11/1/2021 at 3:11 AM, Marysara1 said:

But in the one election, The republican vote was split. The 2 Republicans put together had more votes,than the dem.But then there was the run-off.

The two run-offs had a Dem vs. Republican in each one.  No one else.  So, the split GOP vote joined together should have been enough in each race to easily elect 2 GOPers and NO Dems.  BUT, Trump told the people not to vote because the election was going to be a fraud and stolen - so enough Republicans did not vote to insure not one, but TWO DEM's elected.

Historically Georgia has reliably sent Republicans to US Senate and it was expected that this would happen again in 2020.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Marysara1 said:

I think your living in the past .It's not 2016.

I meant to say 2020, which you should have recognized as I was responding to your post about the 2020 elections.

Or did you intentionally make a snide comment? 

4 hours ago, ElCid said:

So you did mean it as a snide comment.  Just checking.

Actually . Some say it's the republicians that aren't keeping up with the changing times. So I was trying to be cute. I'm the one that couldn't even spell Happy Birthday right. So I have no room to talk.

16 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Smart use  of MWS (make whitey scared)  tactics

Oh, my. As you said to me, Vautrin, Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. 😜

Too funny.

Of course, assuming what you say is true, this must have the leftists rather indignant, what with the right appropriating the left's the-end-justifies-the-means tactic. If I remember correctly, they hold the copyright on the whatever-it-takes approach. Alinsky, isn't it?

18 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I think Youngkin might win. Smart use  of MWS (make whitey scared)  tactic.

The democrats are trying to get the white children depressed. One mother said her white daughter asked her if she was evil,because she was white. There are other examples. God is the only one who can decide(the original sin) We are not responisible for what are relatives did.  The democrats don't seem to believe that. I don't think any of my relatives had slaves. They all  came after the civil war. The English brought most of the slaves. There was even talk when the U.S. wanted their freedom from England to include them.  Trump yelled thief and Biden yelled Bigot. I don't approve of either but to me the Bigot is the lesser of the 2 evils. The poor were very upset when Al Capone was sent to prison. He fed them. Graft is why this country isn't doing better.Foxnews said the dem called Youngskin a racist, but didn't tell the public how he(dem) was going to  improve things. The issues.He did say he was going to get rid of some of the white teachers and replace them with black ones. A lot of whites died to give the slaves freedom. It's wrong to put a black down because he's black. It's just as wrong to put a white person down because their white. The dems don't get that.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Marysara1 said:

The democrats are trying to get the white children depressed. One mother said her white daughter asked her if she was evil,because she was white. There are other examples. God is the only one who can decide(the original sin) We are not responisible for what are relatives did.  The democrats don't seem to believe that. I don't think any of my relatives had slaves. They all  came after the civil war. The English brought most of the slaves. There was even talk when the U.S. wanted their freedom from England to include them.  Trump yelled thief and Biden yelled Bigot. I don't approve of either but to me the Bigot is the lesser of the 2 evils. The poor were very upset when Al Capone was sent to prison. He fed them. Graft is why this country isn't doing better.Foxnews said the dem called Youngskin a racist, but didn't tell the public how he(dem) was going to  improve things. The issues.He did say he was going to get rid of some of the white teachers and replace them with black ones. A lot of whites died to give the slaves freedom. It's wrong to put a black down because he's black. It's just as wrong to put a white person down because their white. The dems don't get that.

You are correct about Democrats trying to  get  white chillun depressed. It  was even  a little noticed part of  their 2020 platform.

And it is also true  that God will decide. That's  why elections are  a waste of  time, as God is  the  big  voter  in the sky and He

ultimately  decides who will win and  who will lose. My southern relatives might have had slaves, but I believe they were too poor

to have any. I am ashamed  that Biden yelled  bigot, because everyone knows that  the last bigot died  in 2011.  Al Capone. Shouldn't

have been sent to prison, should  have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. But nooooo, a bunch  of  rich  liberal elitists sent him

to the pokey instead.  Typical of these  elite folks. The  Dem is  going to improve things by getting rid of blackboards and replacing

them  with  white  boards. Put that in  your magic maker and smoke it.  Sorry, but I'm sticking  with Keep Whitey Scared  as  a good

campaign  tactic.  That  and pretend that Trump is kryptonite while  still  trying  to get  his voters. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Marysara1 said:

Donald Trump is both a bigot and The Biggest Thief to ever occupy the WH!!

• Like 1