Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thanksgiving Movies - Your Favorite (Can include TV shows also)

One of my favorite Thanksgiving movies is Avalon.  It takes place where I was born (Baltimore) and the slicing of the Turkey (can't slice it until the uncle arrives) is priceless.  I think Barry Levinson directed it.  Funny story from my friend in Israel - she makes a Turkey in her mini-oven but she has to wait for her older sister (my BFF forever) and her husband to arrive so that he can carve the turkey.

Also like Drums Along the Mohawk.

Remember WKRP and the turkey drop (used to do that here also).

Funny Cheers and Frasier episodes also (one on Cheers ends in a food fight).

Waiting to see what others answer and if anyone knows if any station has rights, etc. to Avalon.

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us pick television too, because I want to mention Truman Capote's The Thanksgiving Visitor (1968), which was a sequel of sorts to A Christmas Memory (1966). Both won Emmy awards for Geraldine Page as the eccentric but loving aunt who teaches a young boy some crucial life lessons. Both were special presentations of the ABC Stage series and both are on YouTube. The Thanksgiving Visitor began as a magazine story by Capote in which a boy who is bullying her nephew is invited by the aunt to their Thanksgiving dinner, during the course of which he pockets a treasured cameo, witnessed by the nephew. The way in which the aunt engineers a resolution becomes a lesson for the boy and nephew both. It's a simple story of simple folk and it's beautifully done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings