Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jonathan Harshman Winters III.

Aritosthenes

Very Very Likely Best Known to All Of Us As ("Simply") Jonathan Winters. Were this Hyper, Nuclear Humour-Energy Goofball Still With Us Today.. Corporal Pike Would Be Ninety-Six Years Young.

Born. November 11th. 1925,. Dayton Ohio. Passed Away April 11th, 2013. Montecito California. Can Still Remember when this Comedy Gem of a Human Being Passed Away. Happy Birthday, You Goof.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Very Very Likely Best Known to All Of Us As ("Simply") Jonathan Winters. Were this Hyper, Nuclear Humour-Energy Goofball Still With Us Today.. Corporal Pike Would Be Ninety-Six Years Young.

Born. November 11th. 1925,. Dayton Ohio. Passed Away April 11th, 2013. Montecito California. Can Still Remember when this Comedy Gem of a Human Being Passed Away. Happy Birthday, You Goof.

The 2013 TCM Film Festival was held just a couple of weeks after he passed away, and he was scheduled to appear at the screening of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World at the Cinerama Dome, joining Mickey Rooney, Karen Kramer, Barrie Chase, and Marvin Kaplan.  They left an empty chair for Jonathan Winters, and had a special tribute video prior to the film screening.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Comedy wise was ahead of his time.  We "boomers" loved him in the '60's and beyond.  I know many who STILL pronounce it "Gar-BAHJ" ! ;) 

Was also it seemed, a huge influence of Robin Williams'. 

Sepiatone

No doubt.  You might remember he was on WIlliams' sitcom Mork & Mindy...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Comedy wise was ahead of his time.  We "boomers" loved him in the '60's and beyond.  I know many who STILL pronounce it "Gar-BAHJ" ! ;) 

Sepiatone

If Im Not Mistaken, i think Williams Said As Much himself (on multiple occasions)

14 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

The 2013 TCM Film Festival was held just a couple of weeks after he passed away, and he was scheduled to appear at the screening of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World at the Cinerama Dome, joining Mickey Rooney, Karen Kramer, Barrie Chase, and Marvin Kaplan.  They left an empty chair for Jonathan Winters, and had a special tribute video prior to the film screening.

I Did a Bit of Leg Work and Elbow Grease with Mad World a couple weeks prior now.

As Far As "Main" Ensemble Characters Go. i think (Unfortunately) there are only two remaining Performers/Artists from aforementioned Behemoth Comedy, Still With Us today.  (Madam) Barry Chase. And (while i dont/cant remember the fellows name at present); a Fellow Office In Arms with Culpepper

12 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone

Also ADORED his Plane Sketch with Dean Martin..

😂🤣😂😂

"They love it when you touch them on the leg a little bit"

"My fourth wife ... the first three, they were rotten ... teenagers, all of them, kids, but fun ... no brains, you know, but from here on down, gangbusters!"

Ah ha ha ha ha "I happened to be a cannon outfit in World War II" ... Dean has to cover his face to hide his laughter.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

THIS the one?  B)  Hilarious.  Notice the woman sitting behind Jonathan  trying hard to hold it together!  :lol:

Sepiatone

Good Heavens this one's a Hoot.

Not to be an ungrateful little smirtch (whatever that is) but actually had in mind the particular sketch linked-in from TXFILMFAN