Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• UMO1982 changed the title to Summer incest
17 minutes ago, UMO1982 said:

Jeez get a sense of humor and read the TCM synopsis..... sheesh

It appears you lack a sense of humor.    Again,  the point was why was the title changed.      

Pony up:  it was click bait!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, ElCid said:

I read this because of the new title.  The TCM description in no way infers that incest was involved.  The OP had to have a mindset toward that conclusion.

It isn't clear that the adulterous couple are NOT married to each other.     Therefore "their children" could be siblings.

• Confused 1
12 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

It isn't clear that the adulterous couple are NOT married to each other.     Therefore "their children" could be siblings.

That's a stretch.   In fact, I am not even sure what you are saying.

28 minutes ago, ElCid said:

That's a stretch.   In fact, I am not even sure what you are saying.

The adulterous couple are married to each other.    They have two children.      Their children are sexually involved.

Please go  back and read the description.    

Try this 1986 made-for-television movie:  SIN OF INNOCENCE. 

Starring Bill Bixby, Dee Wallace Stone, Dermot Mulroney and Megan Follows. 

It's a situation that could happen in Modern America.  (And probably has cropped up from time to time).

17 hours ago, UMO1982 said:

Wow.... adultery and incest too!

252856380-10159903552341738-570140255301

Are Molly and Johnny biologically related?

According to TCM the issue during the time period was out of wedlock sex and the possibility of  illegitimate children - taboo back then unlike today.

If they are not related then where's the incest - no plot descriptions anywhere mentions such.

http://www.dailybastardette.com/adoption-in-film-a-summer-place-revisited-and-expanded/

Considering the movie was made in 1959 even the HINT of incest would had it banned.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

The adulterous couple are married to each other.    They have two children.      Their children are sexually involved.

Please go  back and read the description.    

Did and still say there is no indication of incest.

I suppose that if you are going to limit yourself to barely a sentence synopsis, then things are bound to get a bit ambiguous.  The description  indicates the actions of four people, yet only three are named in the cast list.  Poor Troy Donahue!  

Let's see now.  An adulterous couple.  Two unmarried people who are adulterous with each other?  Two unmarried people who are adulterous with two other people?  Two married people who are adulterous with two other people?  

An adulterous couple with sexually involved children.  Two unmarried people, adulterous with each other, each has a child or children sexually involved with the child or children of the other part of the couple?  Two unmarried people, adulterous with each other, each has a child or children sexually involved with children unrelated to the adulterous couple?  Two married people, adulterous with two other people, have a child or children sexually involved with other people's kids?  

Hey, this is kinda fun; and I think there are several more permutations to work through.  Probably best to just watch the movie and get it all sorted out that way. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Here is an excellent film that should be mentioned in this thread.

Best line from the film:  "Whom can I tell, that I should not destroy in the telling."

MV5BNWM4NDg2NDgtNzgwOS00NDU3LWFlMzktZDVh

angelsinsects-family-600x317.jpg

No, that's INSECTS, not INCEST!  Anyway, I was thinking of Peyton Place, made around the same time, which does have an incest plot relating to a father/stepfather(?) and daughter (also abortion is an element).

10 minutes ago, rosebette said:

No, that's INSECTS, not INCEST!  Anyway, I was thinking of Peyton Place, made around the same time, which does have an incest plot relating to a father/stepfather(?) and daughter (also abortion is an element).

Incest is the theme of Angels and Insects. It's a complicated film, about zoology and human sexuality. Mark Rylance's wife has been sleeping with her brother. When Mark finds out, he says something like "That explains all those blonde children!" An eerie, creepy, complex movie.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/angels-and-insects-1996

13 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Incest is the theme of Angels and Insects. It's a complicated film, about zoology and human sexuality. Mark Rylance's wife has been sleeping with her brother. When Mark finds out, he says something like "That explains all those blonde children!" An eerie, creepy, complex movie.

I know - I read the book, but never saw the film.   It is a weird tale!  But I couldn't resist the wordplay.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Swithin said:

So, kind'a like the Farkel family on Laugh-In, maybe?!

(...except of course with redheaded children. not blonde)

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, rosebette said:

I know - I read the book, but never saw the film.   It is a weird tale!  But I couldn't resist the wordplay.

After I saw the film, I was thinking about getting the book, but I didn't Byatt.

• Haha 1