Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name Your Favorite Ensemble Cast Movies

cinemaman

On 11/22/2021 at 10:22 PM, cinemaman said:

In  this  thread  name  your  favorite  ensemble  cast  movies.   Here  are  some  of  mine.   Stage  Door  1937    The  Women  1939   Lifeboat  1944   Duel  in  the  Sun  1946   Twelve  Angry  Men  1957    McLintock  1963     The  Godfather  1972   The  Big  Chill  1983    The  Breakfast  Club  1985   Steel  Magnolias  1989

Nice list!

I just finished watching THE ANDERSON TAPES (1971). It's a good example of a heist film with a strong ensemble cast:

Sean Connery; Dyan Cannon; Martin Balsam; Ralph Meeker; Garrett Morris; Christopher Walken; Alan King; Margaret Hamilton and everyone's favorite actor Max Showalter.

• Like 1

The French Dispatch wasn't on my list on another thread of 10 Films to See Right Now because I hadn't seen it yet, but I saw it today, and it has maybe the modern ensemble cast of all time: Bill Murray, Anjelica Huston, Owen Wilson, Tilda Swinton, Frances McDormand, Jeffrey Wright, Benicio del Toro, Lea Seydoux, Adrien Brody, Timothy Chalamet, Christoph Waltz, Edward Norton, Saoirse Ronan, Liev Schreiber, Bob Balaban, Henry Winkler and maybe a dozen others I'm not thinking of right off the top of my head.

• Like 1

And, hey, what about Stagecoach, airing tonight? An ensemble Western, if ever there was one. Yeah, Ford gives Wayne the big, "Look, folks, it's a movie star!" camera swoop intro, but all the coach passengers and crew  get their moments in the spotlight, and Thomas Mitchell even got an Oscar out it.

• Like 2