Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cutter's Trail (1970)

NipkowDisc

I'm tired of waiting on slackers to put on this forgotten excellent made for tv movie. the story was first filmed as an episode of Gunsmoke. John Gavin is US Marshall Ben Cutter who is up to the job but first he must face the vengeance of the renegade Bowen brothers for the hanging of brother Jesse.

this is John Gavin's best performance and is quite unappreciated. if stupid CBS had greenlighted this it woulda made a fine companion series for Gunsmoke.

great theme music by john carl parker. 

I will wait no longer so I ordered it on DVD.

7 hours ago, unwatchable said:

I saw this movie when it aired originally. Watched it on the big RCA console my dad had bought for my mom the previous Christmas. If I recall correctly, it was an ABC Movie of the Week, though I see you say it was on CBS.  Well, 51 years is a long time LOL.  

I watched it's first airing on CBS and in later years they aired it a few times on their CBS Late Movie.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

it's here! it's here! it's here! came in the mail today. nothing fancy, quality is pretty good no distortion or anything looks clear.

the dvd came in a slip cover with no labeling. I've already ripped the data to my computer. now I will convert the vobs to mp4 format so I can extract the opening and closing music theme then I will join the mp4s and convert to avi then convert again with winavi video converter which allows you to tweak the width and height so I can get a full screen 4;3 image when I play it in my personal dvd player which stretches everything.

:)