Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vivian "Blaine" Stapleton.

While Unfortunately No longer with us in person today. A Very (Very) Very Special One-Hundredth Birthday "Card" Wishes are In Order for this Lovely Smiling, Intermittent Fire-Cracker, Bird Song Singing Goofball. Born, November 21; 1921. Newark New Jersey.

Passed away December 9th. 1995. New York New York.

• Thanks 1

I love Vivian Blaine in one of my all-time favorite musicals, 1945's State Fair from 20th Century Fox.  Co-starring Jeanne Crain, Dana Andrews, Dick Haymes, Charles Winninger, Fay Bainter,  Donald Meek, Frank McHugh, Percy Kilbride, Harry Morgan, Phil Brown, William Marshall, Jane Nigh and the singing voices of Louanne Hogan and Ben Gage.  (How's that for an ensemble cast?)

Of course, Blaine was better known for playing Adelaide in both the Broadway and movie musicals of Guys and Dolls.  According to the critics:  As good as she was in the movie,  her performance was sharper and better in the Broadway production.  

Even though she was born Vivian Stapleton, she changed it to Blaine early in her career.  She was never professionally known as Stapleton.  So maybe the heading should be:  Vivian (Stapleton) Blaine?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, filmnoirguy said:

I love Vivian Blaine in one of my all-time favorite musicals, 1945's State Fair from 20th Century Fox.  Co-starring Jeanne Crain, Dana Andrews, Dick Haymes, Charles Winninger, Fay Bainter,  Donald Meek, Frank McHugh, Percy Kilbride, Harry Morgan, Phil Brown, William Marshall, Jane Nigh and the singing voices of Louanne Hogan and Ben Gage.  (How's that for an ensemble cast?)

Of course, Blaine was better known for playing Adelaide in both the Broadway and movie musicals of Guys and Dolls.  According to the critics:  As good as she was in the movie,  her performance was sharper and better in the Broadway production.  

Even though she was born Vivian Stapleton, she changed it to Blaine early in her career.  She was never professionally known as Stapleton.  So maybe the heading should be:  Vivian (Stapleton) Blaine?

Yes.👍 Quite the Fantastic Assortment of Lovely Artists there. 🎨 From (Absolutely) Everything thst i can tell, Madam Blaine is a Beautiful Gorgeous Sweetheart. Very Very Specific Memory here, but i Absolutely Loved (and Love) Her Turn as Mystery Guest in the always watchable Whats My Line. (a Favourite of mine). Such Such a Bubbly Refreshing Loving Laughter. And Yeah.. (i guess... 😂🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🍻🥂); maybe those leading names Should be juxtaposed

2 hours ago, Ray Faiola said:

Here's a studio disc of Vivian singing one of the songs from JITTERBUGS:

http://www.chelsearialtostudios.com/see_for_myself.mp3

Vivian was a guest at one of our Sons of the Desert banquets back in the 90's.

Did You have Chance/Opportunity, to speak and converse with Madam Blaine ?

Honestly.. ...my legs would be (totally) useless