Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

George Pals produced this adaptation of the 1956 science fiction novel by Frank M. Robinson.   A group of scientist are stalked by a psychic killer. The film wants to  a  Hitchcok chase thriller - there is one scene lifted from "North by Northwest" with a science fiction super villain.   Director Byron Haskins creates suspense.  The film seemed to be aimed at an adult audience there is plenty of suggested sex.  The climax is a bit of let down- even the special effects are not spectacular as other Pal productions.  Miklos Rosza wrote the memorable score. The movie was not a success and Pal spend the rest of his career trying to raise money for another project which sadly ended up with the campy "Doc Savage Man of Bronze"

• Like 2
23 hours ago, jaragon said:

George Pals produced this adaptation of the 1956 science fiction novel by Frank M. Robinson.   A group of scientist are stalked by a psychic killer. The film wants to  a  Hitchcok chase thriller - there is one scene lifted from "North by Northwest" with a science fiction super villain.   Director Byron Haskins creates suspense.  The film seemed to be aimed at an adult audience there is plenty of suggested sex.  The climax is a bit of let down- even the special effects are not spectacular as other Pal productions.  Miklos Rosza wrote the memorable score. The movie was not a success and Pal spend the rest of his career trying to raise money for another project which sadly ended up with the campy "Doc Savage Man of Bronze"

Definitely aimed at an adult audience and loaded with stars older audiences would recognize: Rennie, Suzanne Pleshette, Yvonne DeCarlo, Gary Merrill, Arthur O'Connell, Earl Holliman, Aldo Ray, Barbara Nichols and...one of my favorites from the old days...Richard Carlson. I agree it's not great, but I've watched it a number of times and definitely don't hate it.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, DougieB said:

Definitely aimed at an adult audience and loaded with stars older audiences would recognize: Rennie, Suzanne Pleshette, Yvonne DeCarlo, Gary Merrill, Arthur O'Connell, Earl Holliman, Aldo Ray, Barbara Nichols and...one of my favorites from the old days...Richard Carlson. I agree it's not great, but I've watched it a number of times and definitely don't hate it.

The supporting cast is a whos who of previous science fiction hits.      I liked it more when I watched it recently- it is a great premise the ending is a bit anti-climatic- I'm curious about the novel

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...