Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Henry Fonda as SOTM February 2022

TopBilled

3 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I think he's kidding, David. :) 

Of course;    When someone post something like "I can’t wait and he’s Jane Fonda’s father right or brother or husband?",    I just can't help myself.

It is like they never heard of Google.      

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Of course;    When someone post something like "I can’t wait and he’s Jane Fonda’s father right or brother or husband?",    I just can't help myself.

It is like they never heard of Google.      

David's a nice guy who has contributed here for awhile. I think he just likes to be reassured about things! :) 

• Like 1

Thanks TopBilled and you and I have got some stuff going on these boards too.  Don’t we?  Like hopping Rick Moranis is a guest programmer sometime.  Having conversations about Lucille Ball when she was SOTM and I think about season 3;of The Plot Thickens Podcast.  Lucy too.  You’re a nice guy too TopBilled.  You’re all really nice people and TopBilled and all the rest of you.  When you all get a chance?  Be sure to head on over to the Essentials and Essentials Jr board and let me know which classic movies you think would be great for the lineups ok and be sure to also check out my request for Essentials Jr too.  Thank you and when I asked who that was?  I actidently typed how’s that again.  But I actually meant to type who’s that again and I knew you were just kidding when you asked me that question JAMESJAZGUITAR.

• Like 1

TopBilled you mentioned Disney.  Did he do any Disney movies or guest star on any Disney shows?  Like Zorro?  The Swamp Fox with Leslie Nielsen or anything on Walt Disney Presents.  The Swamp Fox with Leslie Nielsen was on Walt Disney Presents too of course.  He probably didn’t guest star on The Mickey Mouse Club and this is so exciting too.  Henry Fonda as SOTM every Tuesday night in February.  Whoa.

58 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

TopBilled you mentioned Disney.  Did he do any Disney movies or guest star on any Disney shows?  Like Zorro?  The Swamp Fox with Leslie Nielsen or anything on Walt Disney Presents.  The Swamp Fox with Leslie Nielsen was on Walt Disney Presents too of course.  He probably didn’t guest star on The Mickey Mouse Club and this is so exciting too.  Henry Fonda as SOTM every Tuesday night in February.  Whoa.

I don't recall Henry Fonda appearing in any Disney films. 

• Like 1

David, though Henry Fonda doesn't seem to have ever worked for Walt Disney, he did appear in the very Disney-esque Spencer's Mountain (1963) for Warner Brothers. It was directed by Delmer Daves and starred Fonda as the patriarch of a Wyoming family and also starred Maureen O'Hara as his wife and James MacArthur as a son. James MacArthur had appeared in a number of Disney movies in the late 1950's: The Light in the Forest, Third Man on the Mountain, Kidnapped, and Swiss Family Robinson.

But, David, JamesJazzGuitar is right that you could answer a lot of your own questions by using Google or the IMDb. It's an easy process and you can stumble on some really interesting things when you're searching. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DougieB said:

David, though Henry Fonda doesn't seem to have ever worked for Walt Disney, he did appear in the very Disney-esque Spencer's Mountain (1963) for Warner Brothers. It was directed by Delmer Daves and starred Fonda as the patriarch of a Wyoming family and also starred Maureen O'Hara as his wife and James MacArthur as a son. James MacArthur had appeared in a number of Disney movies in the late 1950's: The Light in the Forest, Third Man on the Mountain, Kidnapped, and Swiss Family Robinson.

SPENCER'S MOUNTAIN served as the basis for The Waltons.

• Like 1

Cool TopBilled and I do know how to use Google everybody.  I use it all the time.  But besides making requests on these boards?  They’re also for having conversations right and I know you know I know how to use Google right TopBilled?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Guercio said:

Cool TopBilled and I do know how to use Google everybody.  I use it all the time.  But besides making requests on these boards?  They’re also for having conversations right and I know you know I know how to use Google right TopBilled?

Yes. Google is a helpful internet tool.

I just saw Henry Fonda in The Fugitive last night on the Watch TCM app from the first lineup from last week.  Great movie.  But it’s actually kind of a different story.  Isn’t it?  I thought it was going to be like the TV show and thought it was an original movie before the one with Harrison Ford.  CBS also did I remake of the TV show too and it didn’t have the I didn’t kill my wife part in it.  I loved it though.

3 hours ago, David Guercio said:

I just saw Henry Fonda in The Fugitive last night on the Watch TCM app from the first lineup from last week.  Great movie.  But it’s actually kind of a different story.  Isn’t it?  I thought it was going to be like the TV show and thought it was an original movie before the one with Harrison Ford.  CBS also did I remake of the TV show too and it didn’t have the I didn’t kill my wife part in it.  I loved it though.

Yes, a totally different story...made fifteen years before the TV series.

Of course he’s not Gary Bergoff.  But the guy with the glasses in the suit and tie in 12 Angry Men reminds me of Raidar on Mash.  He looks and sounds just like him.  His hair style is kind of different though.  Isn’t that the guy who guest starred on all kinds of classic TV shows.  The Bob Newhart Show.  I think he guest starred on I Dream Of Jeannie and Bewitched too and all kinds of classic TV shows and he was the voice of Piglet in all the Winnie The Pooh classics.

I thought Fail Safe was kind of like an early Top Gun and Larry Hagman from I Dream Of Jeannie and Dallas is also in it and so is Dom DeLouise.  It’s really neat and so cool that they’re both in it too and they were both really wonderful actors too.  Weren’t they and Dom DeLouise was a really great and really funny guy too.  Wasn’t he?

• Like 1

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings