Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Those Small Performances in Films That You Love

TomJH

Dennis Farina as gangster Jimmy Serrano in Midnight Run (1988), one of the best seriocomic action films of all time, masterfully directed by Martin Brest. This intelligently scripted film is full of great performances and deserves to be better known.

Radiator Heaven: Midnight Run

• Like 4

Welsh actor Hugh Griffith in The Counterfeit Traitor (1962)does a few short scenes in the film but they are very good,he is the'gourmet' British Intelligence boss of William Holden

• Like 2

MV5BMTkyZjQwODUtZjNjMS00OTMxLWIzY2EtMDYy

Dennis Hopper as 'Photo Journalist' in Apocalypse Now (1979).  And ...

9k9j10mwqjj51.jpg?auto=webp&s=63d3c2aa7b

Laurence Fishburne as Gunners Mate, 3rd Class, Tyrone Miller/”Mr. Clean” in  Apocalypse Now (1979).  And ...

Apocalypse-Now-068.jpg

Sam Bottoms as Gunners Mate, 3rd Class, Lance B. Johnson in  Apocalypse Now (1979).

• Like 2

Not really a small performance, but seems consistent with the spirit of this thread, John Williams in "Dial M for Murder," or really almost any movie he's in like the chauffeur in "Sabrina" or the nervous insurance agent in "To Catch a Thief."

dial11.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mkahn22 said:

Not really a small performance, but seems consistent with the spirit of this thread, John Williams in "Dial M for Murder," or really almost any movie he's in like the chauffeur in "Sabrina" or the nervous insurance agent in "To Catch a Thief."

dial11.jpg

Yeah, and not only that, but he's written some nifty music scores too!

(...oh...wait...)

;)

• Haha 2

I don't know why, but I really enjoyed George Chandler's performance as "Soapy" Sam Lambert in Dark Hazard (1934). It really made me take notice of George Chandler and look for him in other movies. He's now one of my favorite character actors. I really wish I could watch this movie again, as I have not seen it in years and it is hard to find.