Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Those Small Performances in Films That You Love

TomJH

MV5BZTMxY2M3NzYtYzk1Zi00MDQ1LTkwOGYtNjYy

Joe Pesci as David William Ferrie in JFK (1991).

maxresdefault.jpg

Edward Asner as William Guy Bannister and Jack Lemmon as Jack Martin in JFK (1991).

MV5BMTQxZDUyM2ItYTFhZS00ODU0LTgwYTYtMmQ3

John Candy as Dean Andrews in JFK (1991).

maxresdefault.jpg

Kevin Bacon as Willie O'Keefe in JFK (1991).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cyndi Lauper gave a great performance in the 2000 film noir independent movie The Opportunist.  I remember the Newsday saying in their review that she gave a solid performance a nd had a great movie face.  She really did.  An underrated star.  She has a lot to deliver.

a316d8d11721825b82a01e206388bf27--cyndi-lauper.jpg

Great Thread Idea!

I'll try it a different way. ANY performance by ANY of these actors;

Rex Ingram, Mildred Natwick, Harry Davenport, Porter Hall, Flora Robson, Juano Hernandez, Una O'Connor, Ann Revere, Donald Crisp, James Gleason, Joseph Calleia, Marcel Dalio, Dean Jagger, Walter Brennan, Steven Geray ...................and on and on.

I find myself drawn to the names down the line. I want to know about these people who worked for decades in relative obscurity. We know what to expect from the big names. It is often the lesser names that create the moments that resonate the most. I mean.... who is Istvan Gyergyay...... Steven Geray, and yet who does not absolutely adore Uncle Pio in Gilda? He and Jospeh Calleia's Detective Obregon are the moral foundation of the entire film!

And of course, what would any classic movie be without Bess Flowers or Kenner Kemp? In fact, were there any movies they WEREN'T IN? 🤣

• Like 1

I recently went to a 50th Anniversary screening of The Godfather in one of the best theatres I have ever been in, in Nassau, the Bahamas.  We were the only ones there at the midday viewing.

I always liked the opening and the performance of the Mortician.  It turns out that it was his very first film and that he only did one other film after that.

MV5BOGM2MmQ1OTItMzFiYy00ZjU0LTg0MjEtMGNk

Salvatore Corsito as Amerigo Bonase in The Godfather (1972).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swithin said:

Speaking of The Godfather, I've always thought this guy who sings "Che La Luna"at the wedding is absolutely perfect.

MV5BZTgxNzYyZGUtZWMxMC00NmFjLWJiYmUtYjJm

Yes, he was terrific.  And on the left in the picture is Vito Scotti who also had an audience with the Godfather.  Scotti as you know was in dozens of TV comedy shows in the 60's and 70's, etc.

• Like 3