Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actress Vanessa Redgrave receives a damehood

jakeem

1 hour ago, Roy Cronin said:

I loved Kim Wilde back in the day, being introduced to "Kids in America" when it was featured in a great, forgotten 80s film "Reckless", starring Aidan Quinn and Daryl Hannah (1984.)

Ah, the 80s music and lost films.

And dancing!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

while we're at it, I think it's about time the world welcomed DAME KATE BUSH

Maybe she gets the damehood next year plus the Rock and Roll hall of Fame (since she has been up a few times there without getting in). I had an online friend once whose favorite song was her 1985 hit "Running Up That Hill". And I personally feel she was robbed of an Oscar nomination for the song "This Woman's Work", by far the best element of the movie it was written for, 1988's She's Having a Baby [That was the year the Oscars only nominated three songs: Carly Simon's winning song "let the River Run" from Working Girl, Phil Collins' radio hit "Two Hearts" from Buster, and the haunting "Calling You" from Bagdad Cafe, although the song probably received its biggest exposure from a 1993 AT&T commercial. Of the unnominated songs at the time, "Kokomo" and "A Groovy kind of Love" were the most high profile, but nowadays I think that the most widely recognized unnominated song is probably Da Butt, thanks to Glenn Close's **** shaking number)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CinemaInternational said:

Is this like the !one Skye hangup?

seriously, WHAT DID SHE EVER DO TO YOU OTTO SENSOR!!!????

Did she break your heart?

Does the utterance of her name taunt you to this day?

so much so you MUST FORBID ITS MENTION????

If so, I can relate, just wish you'd explain....

• Haha 1