Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Smiles.

For Anyone Interested. What Are Your Favourite Smiles, on film or Show?   Those Smiles that can bring Sunshine, on a rainy day, illuminate a dark cave, or (partially) restore ones confidence in Humanity (if not just for a wrinkle in time)? There can definitely be Many (Many) Different Types of Smiles as Well.

Here Are (Some of) my Favourites that i've Found. And/Or that have found me. That have left a Lasting Impression.

ALWAYS Been Attracted to Those upside down frowns of Vivian Blaine, and Maureen O'Hara. And Honestly Cara Williams too ftm. Regardless of the when or the where.

As that Gorgeous Marionette Dance. From Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is Winding Down (ha); Sally Ann Howes partially withdraws Her Hand.. and She's Beautifully Glowing And Radiating all the while with a (Subjectively) Coy "Nope." Half-Smile upon Her Lips. (And In Those Eyes.)

Towards the (Very) End of the Amazing Gods Little Acre. Tina Louise Releases a Smile in "that" Field that could melt rebar.

Very End of the Exquisite Suspense Thriller A Lonely Place to Die. Melissa Georege Is an occupent (with)in an ambulance. An ambulance that is heading off Toward Safety and Recovery. (And Towards the quickly approaching credits.) She's upon a Gurney of Sorts, turning "in Her seat" as a.. Sweet, Shy, rather demure little voice next to Her says something, rather softly. George asks the Ambulance Nurse what (the heck) the little Munchkin that (as the film viscuously, gorgeously, and beautifully illustrates) has been causing such a.. Horrific headache for all involved. Melissa inquires as to what this Little Munchin just said. Nurse responds, "She said, 'Thank You'". The Ensuing and Subsuquent Smile from George Speaks and Radiates Rainbows.

The "Thank God" Smile upon that Pretty Face of Sweet Pea (Abbie Cornish) in Sucker Punch (just) as She is Unexpectedly Offered Respite from a Equally Unexpected Ally; is Exaustively, Gorgeously Beautiful.

The Intermittent and Subsuquent Smiles of Sylvia Syms (Honestly *and subjectively* Ap Pro Po for ALL of Madam Syms Work), Diane Clare, John Mills, Anthony Quayle, and Harry Andrews within the Stout War Flick Ice Cold In Alex could scare the clouds away ANY day.

At the one minute seven second mark of this Doolitle (Downey Jr) trailer two; there is (EASILY) One of the Cutest, Prettiest Smiles i Have (Ever) Scene put tofilm. https://m.imdb.com/video/vi477675289/?

The New Matrix: Resurrections Feature Sees the Indian Priyanka Chopra take on a Relatively Major Role in said film, as a Sibyl/Oracle of Sorts with a Special Niche' for Alice In Wonderland and Coffeehouses.. She Radiates and Illuminates some Absolutely Kalos Smiles within said feature. Especially within/at the one minute two second mark. https://m.imdb.com/video/vi4021601049/?

(And Then Finally) the Very End of the Surprisingly (imo) Enjoyable Emma Stone Cruella foray.  A Two-Way smile Occurs Between Stone and Strong within Cruella's Castle abode that is.. While this terminology is explicitly my own creation; a Exceptional, Amazing, and Gorgeous "I've Got This" Smile of Oscar Calibre and Proportions.

Thats a Lot of verbiage. I Hope It Makes Sense. Though its obviously sans pictures.. Which Sure Doesn' help. I tried to compose it, in a Normal.. Linear way. Perhaps i Suceeded. Perhaps (Absolutely) Not. Or Anything (in) between.

Happy New Year Everyone.

• Like 2

I love the little chuckle/smile that Margaret Sullavan gives toward the ending of THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER when she says to Jimmy Stewart   "Maybe we'll both be engaged Monday morning."  It's so disarming, especially since her character is kind of shallow in her opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay - here's a sentimental movie.  I love the scene in "The Bells of St. Mary's" when Ingrid Bergman plays a nun/teacher who is trying to help a boy who has been bullied by giving him boxing lessons.  She laughs at herself.   There's something about Bergman's smile that is always to endearing.

The Bells Of St. Mary's | Movies ala Mark

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, sagebrush said:

I love the little chuckle/smile that Margaret Sullavan gives toward the ending of THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER when she says to Jimmy Stewart   "Maybe we'll both be engaged Monday morning."  It's so disarming, especially since her character is kind of shallow in her opinions.

Lovely. I do Believe if i close my eyes and scrunch my ears shut i (might) actually hear that voice and that line.

I have ALWAYS (Always) Enjoyed a Smile in the Meadows. (Ir)Regardless of if that Lovely, Beautiful Meadow be Audrey or Jayne. Jayne or Audrey.

And Finally. The Very Very Conclusion from a ifcmidnight Gem* *imo, called American Fable. The Principle Young Lady/Madam is in a Shed. She hears, a degree of commotion outside and proceeds to investigate. (One of Her Pretty Hands is Covered, in red.) She Proceeds to Push-Open the shed doors.. ...and is Greeted by a Very Surprising, Rather Smartly Attired, Attentive and Perspicuent visitor at Her door.

With the next 30seconds - 1 minute or so; Our Hero's Entire Persona Lights-Up in a (initially pensive, halting, and hesitant) Beautiful/Gorgeous Smile.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4671002/

17 hours ago, Toto said:

Okay - here's a sentimental movie.  I love the scene in "The Bells of St. Mary's" when Ingrid Bergman plays a nun/teacher who is trying to help a boy who has been bullied by giving him boxing lessons.  She laughs at herself.   There's something about Bergman's smile that is always to endearing.

The Bells Of St. Mary's | Movies ala Mark

Yes. This Lady Does Most Certainly Radiate. Perhaps my Favourite turn of Hers harkens from For Whom the Bell Tolls. But i am not sure in (the) least though if this is my tops of/from Hers or not.

I've Always Enjoyed a Meadows Smile. Audrey or Jayne. Jayne or Audrey. Does Not Matter in the Least.

The Very Very Conclusion from a ifcmidnight Gem* *imo, called American Fable. The Principle Young Lady/Madam is in a Shed. She hears, a degree of commotion outside and proceeds to investigate. (One of Her Pretty Hands is Covered, in red.) She Proceeds to Push-Open the shed doors.. ...and is Greeting by a Very Surprising, Rather Smartly Attired, Attentive and Perspicuent visitor at Her door.

With the next 30seconds - 1 minute or so; Our Hero's Entire Persona Lights-Up in a (initially pensive, halting, and hesitant) Beautiful/Gorgeous Smile.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4671002