Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Winter Themed Movies

19 hours ago, cineman said:

...... Death Hunt with Bronson and Marvin. A very good ensemble cast movie

White Buffalo ( also with Bronson).

and the music by Jerrold Immel is pretty good too.

:)

"Mon Oncle Antoine," about a boy growing up in French Canada, has a lot of snow, particularly toward the end of the movie, with that arduous sled journey.

Also, "The Snow Walker" about another arduous journey, this time with a Native woman, in Canada. This one is very moving!

• Like 1

This is a great topic.  At our house, we often like to watch movies that match the season (or nearby holidays), although we don’t do that exclusively.

In addition to the many excellent suggestions so far, here are some other movies that have at least significant scenes set in the winter:

Apartment for Peggy

Barefoot in the Park

Come to the Stable

How to Marry a Millionaire 

Hugo

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Snowed Under

Sun Valley Serenade

The Farmer’s Daughter

The Moon’s Our Home

So many films set during winter are real downers, like WINTER LIGHT and THE ASCENT, to name a few. I prefer the cold to the heat (I don't mean I would want to dig out my car from the snow every morning, but I have a low toleration for heat and humidity.)

I like to see the winter-set films that celebrate the season, such as the Sonja Henie films.

• Like 1

More ♦Wintry♦ movies of varying quality!

SNOWBEAST (1977-Tvm)   There is a mean ol' Snowbeast menacing folks at a ski resort.  Of course there is.  😜

GHOSTKEEPER (1981-Canadian)  There is something sinister in the near-empty winter lodge!  Proceed with caution!  A low-budget/tax shelter movie.  The filmmakers did the best they could when the production money ran out before the movie finished shooting. 

INTO THE FIRE (1988-Canadian)  

HOT DOG:  The Movie (1984-Comedy)   

SWINGING SKI GIRLS (1976)  Very low-budget '70s "B"-movie.  But if you dig naked chicks and some skiing well then . . . check it out!   Looking for a plot?  Look elsewhere! 

• Like 1

I think the 1949 WW2 movie "Battleground" takes place in winter -- at least *most* of it does.  Good movie, I might add.

Here are a couple of wintry low-budget, filmed-in-Wisconsin movies from director BILL REBANE.  Rebane was from Riga, Latvia . . . and he ended up in Wisconsin making movies!

CAPTURE OF BIGFOOT, The (1979)

-and-

DEMONS OF LUDLOW, The (1983)  (It's about a possessed/haunted piano . . . but the piano actually sounds like a harpsichord.  Like, whatever). 

On 1/1/2022 at 11:10 PM, cineman said:

...... Death Hunt with Bronson and Marvin. A very good ensemble cast movie

Was it already mentioned it was a remake of 1972's  MAD TRAPPER OF THE YUKON with  character favorite MIKE MAZURKI as the lead?  And re-released as CHALLENGE TO BE FREE in '75

Sepiatone

• 2 months later...