Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Joan Crawford movie I Saw What You Did

I watch a lot of TCM and know they feature many Joan Crawfod films, which I love to watch,  but wondering why I’ve never seen the 1965 film I Saw What You Did on TCM?  I only saw it one time a few years ago on TV, not TCM channel, and it seems to never be on anywhere…I really liked this movie and it seemed to be a precursor to many of the graphically violent horror films, but obviously no graphic violence in this one..it was remade in 1988 I believe, but would like to see this one again.

I Saw What You Did is a 1965 American thriller film released by Universal Pictures and starring Joan Crawford and John Ireland. The plot follows two teenage girls who find themselves in serious danger after making a prank phone call to a man who just murdered his wife

It has been shown, but not recently. Its been shown a lot on Svengoolie on the MeTV channel. Maybe they have the rights locked up for awhile. I thought it was a Columbia release?

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

It has been shown, but not recently. Its been shown a lot on Svengoolie on the MeTV channel. Maybe they have the rights locked up for awhile. I thought it was a Columbia release?

It is a Universal film.    I also recall seeing it on TCM.

PS: Queen Bee is the Columbia film with Crawford and Ireland. 

3 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Odd. I thought that film was Columbia too since Castle worked there.

I checked again,   and Wiki says I Saw What You Did is Universal,   but it is very odd since Castle was under contract with Columbia and the films he released before and after this one were all Columbia.

In regards to I SAW WHAT YOU DID (1965) itt took years before it became available on any legal homevideo format.  When it did materialize on video it was ANCHOR BAY that put it out in 1999 in a WIDESCREEN presentation of 1.78:1.  (Not exactly a big time W/S movie, you know?  Nothing like a movie such as THE CAR at 2.35:1).

I reckon if you still have a VHS player I SAW WHAT YOU DID is easily available from eBay for $8.00 and $9.00 + shipping.  Not an expensive movie to pick up if you've just gotta have it. 

Cheers.